Orlando to NM--chose Sorensen (Allied) in Orlando

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Minnz21

Orlando to NM--chose Sorensen (Allied) in Orlando

Postby Minnz21 » Sat May 06, 2006 11:24 am

I am moving from Orlando to the Albuquerque area at the end of the month. I have narrowed my move between PAUL ARPIN and WHEATON.

Looking for someone to help me figure this one out.

PAUL ARPIN-Arpin of Melbourne/Orlando-Beattie's Moving and Storage
5278 lbs.
$3106 (including 15% fuel surcharge)

WHEATON-Central Moving & Storage
5334 lbs.
$4245.06 (inclduing 10% fuel surcharge)

Why the difference in percentages on fuel surcharges?

Also Wheaton is charging me for a Shuttle since a truck can;t get into my street but Arpin is saying they will not charge for the shuttle needed. Arpin claims they use smaller truck for all their moves, bring stuff to warehouse then load on large trucks for shipping. Does this sound right?

Both sales reps were very nice and fullof information when they came. I have heard good new and bad news on both companies here on the board.

Anyone know how these rank in the secledt move areas I am talking of?

Adam

Re: Orlando to Albuquerque--Paul Arpin vs. Wheaton

Postby Guest » Sat May 06, 2006 9:18 pm

Arpin claims they use smaller truck for all their moves, bring stuff to warehouse then load on large trucks for shipping. Does this sound right?

No it does not sound right! I would even go as far as to say Paul Asprin is not telling you the truth.

PMueller

Re: Orlando to Albuquerque--Paul Arpin vs. Wheaton

Postby PMueller » Sun May 07, 2006 8:12 am

I have no first hand knowledge of either of the carriers you are considering, however I will point out that the nationwide representation with the these two are not as significant as other carriers like United, Atlas, Allied, etc. This may not be important to you, but honestly this large network of offices is how things are moved more efficiently across country, especially during the busy summer months.

In regards to handling your move at least twice? This is bizarre. A carrier and it's crews never want to handle a shipment more times than necessary. The risk in liability are increased each time you load and unload. It's one thing if a shuttle is necessary and this must occur, but to always perform this whether it is needed or not is risky plus the cost associated would put a company out of business if this is the only way they perform.

My question, how did you narrow it to these 2 and who else did you consider?

Minnz21

Re: Orlando to Albuquerque--Paul Arpin vs. Wheaton(add Allie

Postby Minnz21 » Mon May 08, 2006 1:56 pm

We actually decided against those two. Allied came out and saw the papers I had on the table. Erin asked if she could look and I said yes. She saw she was higher and was able to bring her price down bu taking off pounds and making her rate bindng, not to exceed.

It was within $100 from our other two we considered. And since Allied is getting great ratings we are going to use Allied (Sorenson Moving and Storage).

Diane

Re: *Orlando to Albuquerque--Paul Arpin vs. Wheaton

Postby Diane » Mon May 08, 2006 2:05 pm

Good choice! Please do keep us posted. Which office is Erin associated with?
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

PMueller

Postby PMueller » Mon May 08, 2006 2:08 pm

I'm glad to hear you are pleased with the Allied estimate, Erin has been doing this for sometime and will treat you right. Please post after your move and provide a review of the total move process if you can.

Postby Guest » Mon May 08, 2006 2:09 pm

Diane wrote:Good choice! Please do keep us posted. Which office is Erin associated with?

Erin Schilling is with Sorensen Moving & Storage Co. in Orlando. 407-851-2770 or 800-700-2770 Ext. 112. She was awesome and took more time and explained more than any other salesperson we have seen the past few weeks.

Minnz21

Re: *Orlando to Albuquerque--Paul Arpin vs. Wheaton vs Allie

Postby Minnz21 » Tue May 09, 2006 9:47 am

Is there anyway to add Allied to the topic heading? I would love to since they are the ones who deserve the good words on this thread.

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue May 09, 2006 11:22 am

I will add it and I will also add that you liked the estimator (Erin) at Sorensen in Orlando to my summary post linked to below. Please keep us posted--the asterisk that I added to your topic heading is to remind me that your move is not yet complete. Reviews of COMPLETED moves are most valuable because they add more to the company's reputation. (Only about 5-10% of people who post here come back to tell us what happened in the end.)
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Minnz21

Re: *Orlando to NM--chose Sorensen (Allied) in Orlando

Postby Minnz21 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:24 am

I got a call from Lee our driver. He ran into mechanical problems and told me it woul dbe one day later then promised. He was very sorry and was very nice on the phone explaining what had happened. So our stuff is now supposed to be here on Wednesday.

So far Allied (Sorensen) has been great.

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:48 am

Does Lee work for Sorensen or for Allied Van Lines, do you know?

Minnz21

Postby Minnz21 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:31 pm

Everything was great. Lee got there when he said he would. Everything was in the shape it left in. The two guys from Albuquerque Moving and Sotrage (Allied Local) were good guys as well.

I would use them again from FL or NM.

Adam

Minnz21

Postby Minnz21 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:32 pm

Diane wrote:Does Lee work for Sorensen or for Allied Van Lines, do you know?

He works for Sorensen. He does work for Allied as well. He picked up a load from a Birmingham Allied and delivered to Ok. City since he had room in his truck. Everytime I saw him he did have Sorenson shirt on.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:13 pm

Thanks so much and I've updated your remarks about Sorensen on my "Florida" post, as well as mentioning your remarks about Albuquerque Moving under "New Mexico." I'm glad it worked out so well. As has often been said here, the driver makes or breaks the move, and you got a good one as well as a good sales rep.

Minnz21

Re: Orlando to NM--chose Sorensen (Allied) in Orlando

Postby Minnz21 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:44 pm

Could not have done it without this site.

Return to “Open Community”