Dallas Local Move

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
rae

Dallas Local Move

Postby rae » Mon May 29, 2006 6:33 pm

Hello, I've tried searching but didnt' have much luck...

Can anyone reccomend a dallas mover for an in town move?

THANKS!

MusicMom

Re: Dallas Local Move

Postby MusicMom » Mon May 29, 2006 6:40 pm

Sign up for membership and send a PM to "IMP". She's in Houston, but has probably heard of some names in Dallas.

The next thing to do would be to click here and scroll to Texas.

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8038

Caltechgirl

Postby Caltechgirl » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:31 am

Rae- Did you find anyone? I am also looking for a in-town mover.
Thanks,
Caltechgirl

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:12 am

"Michael" (long-time volunteer here) recommended Award Moving Service, Inc. with website www.firefightersmoving.net in Dallas, which employs off-duty firemen as well as professionals - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2017

He also recommended Arpin America, where he used to know a manager named Ron Cox - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120

Whoever you use, please come back to report so we can build up our database.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Michael

Postby Michael » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:14 pm

Actual Diane I never recommended the fire fighter movers. I use to hate selling against them. For starters you probably dont know who the heck is coming out, would depend on who was working, who was on call and who had off. One of the lines I used a few times I would give the shipper my cell number (when cell phones were rare) and would say, if you ever have a fire in your home call me cause I know how to use a hose. That usually brought my point home.

Ron Cox is still part owner and manager of the Arpin Agency you mention and I would also recommend Armstrong Relocation for a quote. There are so many movers in Dalls it would make your head spin.

Best of luck,
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:24 pm

Oh, OK - if you look at that thread I linked to, you'll see that the other person also thought you were recommending the firefighters. I guess you meant to use them for labor.

Michael

Postby Michael » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:31 pm

If they were looking for cheap labor, yes, to help unload something. But Ididnt recommend them for a move nor would I other then maybe a small local move. Just for the reasons I stated earlier.
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:57 pm

I can't vouch for this company, but someone on another messageboard recommended Helping Hands Moving. I think it may be unlicensed, but anyway, here is the post:- http://www.frisco-online.com/forum/mess ... adid=84477

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:30 am

I wouldn't necessarily say using an unlicensed company that one person on another board said they used and liked means it's all OK. Especially since that same company offered to move her from TX to CA without an interstate license or insurance. However, she was happy with them, and if a customer does not care about regulations, then they can be [warily] used, IF they have their own Workman's Comp insurance to cover against injuries.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:53 am

People like the OP who want to check into this company's licensing status for an in-state move can call the Texas DOT at 1-800-299-1700. Unfortunately it's impossible to check the corporations registration data in TX without paying for it--TX is one of the few states that doesn't provide such data free.

Return to “Open Community”