Any one heard of O'mara Moving? Please Help

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Kin Chung

Any one heard of O'mara Moving? Please Help

Postby Kin Chung » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:13 am

I am not sure if they are a broker or an acutal moving compnay. They are located in Madison, WI and Illinois. I am planning a move from Madison, WI to NEw York, NY. Can Anyone please give me some companies to do my move? I just got a quote from Two Men and a truck but it was over five grand. I only have less than a studio apartment of stuff to move. TV, a tv stand, one sofa. 20 boxes, a wardrobe boxes and a full size bed. THanks for your help.

Diane

Re: Any one heard of O'mara Moving? Please Help

Postby Diane » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:26 am

Hi - I don't know anything about O'Mara but you might want to look into ABF's new ReloCubes for your move. See ABF reviews #23 and #68 on the sticky at the top of the messageboard and contact www.upack.com. The containers hold up to 2000 pounds and the cost is low. The only downside is that they can't be delivered in Manhattan, if that's where you're moving to. You would have to hire a local company to go to the ABF terminal in Brooklyn to unload the container and bring the things to your residence. You can also rent space in an ABF trailer (they have a 5-linear-foot minimum, although you have less than this) and the drivers CAN come to your residence in Manhattan and wait for up to two hours while you unload. Again, the cost would be low for what you have.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Pat - IMAWA

Postby Pat - IMAWA » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:17 am

O'Mara Moving is a good, reputable, family-owned moving company with offices both in Madison WI and in Freeport, IL.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:14 pm

Welcome, Pat! It's about time! I'll add your supportive comments to my summary post on IL movers. I also hope to meet you someday. You are a major, major asset to the industry.

Return to “Open Community”