crown vs crown

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
goldmoon

crown vs crown

Postby goldmoon » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:01 pm

hi everyone,

pls let me know asap if you heard about the international moving company: "crown worldwide moving & storage"

they sound professional, members of fmc, fidi, they claim to be iso2002 qualified, have long experience (more than 10 years) and members of bbb, although not members of amsa.
i am concerned because of their name: "crown"
one company is recommended on this site as "crown" with website: www.crownworldwide.com, while this "crown" company is based in
san leandro ca, with website www.crownwms.com

thanks a lot for any advice or comment
goldmoon

Diane

Re: crown vs crown

Postby Diane » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:13 pm

I too would like to get this confusion about Crown cleared up if anyone can oblige.

hardatwork

Postby hardatwork » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:46 pm

Both companies are excellent choices to move you.

Crown Worlwide Moving and Stroage been around for years some like the 1970s.

The other Crown Worldwide start out as Dean Worldwide here in the US many years ago, owned by a woman. Her brother owned Crown Pacific in Asia. A few years back brother bought out sister and as the Crown Pacific was well established throughout the world they changed the name to Crown. As they now own moving companies around the worldwide they now call themselves Crown Worldwide.

Again both companies are very good.

goldmoon

Re: crown vs crown - rinkens ?

Postby goldmoon » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:52 am

hardatwork & diane: thank you so much for your reply and advice!

i'm going to move to europe/belgium and i've asked for quote from some reputable companies including crown, rainier and rinkens through internet intermediates before i found this forum.

i got replies from bad companies as well - reading the posts here saved me from choosing one of them - i cannot thank you enough for this!

while i am still waiting for quotes from others i found that rinkens was the fastest to act and respond and they sound really good in every sense. i would like to go with them but i haven't found them here on your recommended list.

please let me know if there is any reason for not choosing them and if you have heard from someone with recent bad or good experience.

i have spent so much time doing my hw on the net but without your website i would still be clueless - thanks a lot again for all your help!

goldmoon

hardatwork

Postby hardatwork » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:00 am

Have the movers you are requesting rates from actually done an in house estimate? Do not accept any quote from ANY mover without first getting an in house estimate from them.

goldmoon

Re: rinkens ?

Postby goldmoon » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:30 am

hardatwork wrote:Have the movers you are requesting rates from actually done an in house estimate? Do not accept any quote from ANY mover without first getting an in house estimate from them.

yes, i have been requesting this as well, but only with rinkens i could reach the point that we could schedule an appointment for a visit.

- in the meantime if you know of any problems with rinkens please let me know-

based on my experience so far rinkens sounds fair and professional, with a reasonable preliminary quote, so if i don't absolutely have to i would prefer not to wait for the others or start the process over with other companies.
i do understand that this is the busiest season and would like to book the move asap.

goldmoon

record and background check for local movers ?

Postby goldmoon » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:20 pm

before meeting with the local companies for in-house survey i would like to ask another question:

i just found this article on how to check the background of moving companies.
http://www.movingscam.com/news/findmover.shtml

are these requirements are applicable and do i need to perform this check for a local mover also if i will not have direct contract with them, i.e. in the case they are hired by the international mover i will enter a contract with?

thanks thanks thanks

boredguy

Postby boredguy » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:08 pm

yes, crown is a reputable company, also heard that crown will be changing the name to wheaton crown worldwide as they are now merging together.

fyi - Wheaton is also a well known and reuptable company. top class service.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:28 pm

I hadn't heard that merger talk, but I just put in a call to my best friend at Chipman Concord... awaiting on his email reply.

But I have friends that work at the San Leandro Crown, and that is a superior company, and if they are merging with Wheaton, it is because of their extensive international network of agents.

For those moving internationally, I would certainly recommend anyone in the SF Bay Area consider them when obtaining estimates.

Lee
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

hardatwork

Postby hardatwork » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:22 pm

You do not need to check on the local mover of the international mover you really only need to check out the international mover.

But dso not agree to any move without first getting the in house estimate done by the international mover you are going to consider.

goldmoon

Postby goldmoon » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:36 am

thanks for all of you for sharing your information and insights

hardatwork: the more i think about it the more i understand why you emphasize the in-house survey and a corresponding quote

boredguy and lee: i liked crown (san leandro) to begin with but my respect and trust have grown even higher since i realized that they were the only ones who wanted an in-house survey before we even start to talk

i will still wait and decide after receiving quotes based on the survey and a precise list of items

boredguy

Postby boredguy » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:43 pm

excellent, let us know how it gone on.

Return to “International Moves”