movers-omaha NE

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
skb1

movers-omaha NE

Postby skb1 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:20 pm

i am doing an interstate move from Omaha, NE .. and wanted to see if anyone had any experience with these companies ..

1. United Van Lines (agent: Mid american Relocation-Omaha NE)
2. MayFlower (agent: Select Van & storage-Omaha NE)
3. Atlas Van lines (Agent: A-1 metro movers-Omaha NE)

I have got pretty competitive estimates (binding) from them.. all sounds reasonably good.. does anyone have any recommendations (good/bad) about them..any preferences..any experiences ?

thank you.. skb

Rick

Re: movers-omaha NE

Postby Rick » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:34 pm

Although there are really no "bad" movers in Omaha, A-1 Metro and Select are two of the better rated agents.

A-1 Metro received the Milton M. Hill quality award from Atlas in 2005.
http://www.atlasworldgroup.com/articles ... =2005-0004

Select specializes in corporate transfers and is one of the largest hauling agents in the Mayflower system. Their drivers and four locations are regular recipients of their carrier's Quality Van Operator and Customer Choice awards.

Omaha 1

Postby Omaha 1 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:54 pm

Select Mayflower and Mid-America United are one in the same companies. Owned by the Smith Brothers. If you want a truly independant United bid. Then call I-Go Van and storage. They have been in Omaha forever and are very good as is Ford Bro's Allied.

The other poster said it right all the Omaha movers are good guys.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:33 pm

Thanks, Omaha! I'll add your information to my summary post on Nebraska movers.

PS Is there something in the water? Warren Buffett is one of my heroes and he's said to hardly ever leave Omaha. His three activities are talking on the phone, reading books, and playing bridge (plus making money).
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”