BENNY'S MOVING and MICHAEL's MOVING in BOSTON, MA

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
paloma

BENNY'S MOVING and MICHAEL's MOVING in BOSTON, MA

Postby paloma » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:31 pm

Hi All,

i am looking to do an interstate move to either NYC or Washington DC. Benny's moving gives the best quote, followed by Michael's Moving, both out of the Boston area.

Does any one know these companies? They are both better priced than gentle giant...

Thanks!

Diane

Re: BENNY'S MOVING and MICHAEL's MOVING in BOSTON, MA

Postby Diane » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:35 pm

Hi - generally you get what you pay for in the moving business. Personally I think you should use Gentle Giant. Benny's has some bad comments here (do a search). I'm not sure which Michael's Moving you are referring to (there is one in NYC) but if you can post its address or phone number we may be able to tell you more about it.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Calobaby

Postby Calobaby » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:20 pm

I used Benny's last year from San Francisco to Boston. My experience with Benny's was just horrible in general. They were 3 WEEKS LATE!!! of the latest expected delivery date and did not provide any tracking as to where my things were. The representatives were rude and not helpful at all. I had to track down the driver of the truck that contained my belongings (not a Benny's employee, just a contract driver) and then he told me that his truck was stuck in San Jose due to mechanical problems 3 weeks after my things were picked up. DO NOT USE BENNY'S MOVING. You certainly get what you paid for.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:57 pm

Thanks for this confirmation of what we already thought about Benny's. People should never, never use such a dubious company for a crosscountry move, especially since Benny's is (supposedly at least) located in Boston and this was a West to East Coast move. It might be OK for a local move in Boston, but that's all.

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:20 pm

Call nicks or wakefield distribution

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:37 pm

Wakefield (Allied) might be OK but Nick's should not be used for this or any other interstate move.

I-95mover

Postby I-95mover » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:40 pm

I no better than to argue with Diane so i will concede. However if I was moving my stuff 200 miles (3 hours) from baaston to new yerk sitea. I would have no problem using nicks.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:29 pm

Well, Nick's Moving Company has an "unsatisfactory" BBB rating and as far as I know from www.safersys.org it isn't licensed to do interstate moves.

Return to “Open Community”