Nashville movers to avoid?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
cat010983

Nashville movers to avoid?

Postby cat010983 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:14 pm

Hi,
I plan to move from the Nashville area to Michigan in August, have a 1 bdroom apartment, and unfortunately have to enlist the help of a professional moving company. I've searched through the archives, but 'thought I'd ask: are there any Nashville area movers I should definitely NOT utilize? Positive recommendations would be great, too. A Mayflower outlet called Nestor and Sons is supposed to give me an in-house estimate soon, but there don't seem to be very many local options that sound remotely reliable.

This site is Great. Thanks,
Amy

MusicMom

Re: Nashville movers to avoid?

Postby MusicMom » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:43 am

Can't think of any bad'uns in Nashville.

Postby Guest » Mon May 08, 2006 8:43 am

Thanks for your reply. If anyone else has any info, that would me much appreciated, too.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon May 08, 2006 12:00 pm

Find a recent post by Diane (not hard to do) and click on the link in her signature line. She keeps a list of good and bad reviewed movers in all states, including Tennessee. You can scroll down to see who's near you, and call thrre or four companies for in-home estimates.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon May 08, 2006 12:06 pm

Unfortunately we have no information on TN movers as yet. If the OP could add a review, that would be great.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon May 08, 2006 12:15 pm

Whoops! Guess I should have looked first.

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:11 pm

You might have moved already...
I was getting ready to move again and found paperowrk from Ozburn Hennessy (sp?) who we used in 1999-2000 for moving and storage.
their movers turned up and were imbeciles -- didn't know how to wrap stuff and I SWEAR they were on drugs. I had never seen anything like it.
They may or may not have done the "give us more money trick" but the main thing I remember was that they also lost two things, a cherished table and some comics in a box. So probably not hte best.
good luck

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:59 am

I did a Google search on Ozburn-Hessey Moving Company in Nashville. It appears to have gone through a Chapter 11 reorganization and it was successfully sued in a workers' comp case.

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:14 pm

I have had good luck with Ted Sanders Moving, agent for Allied.

Return to “Open Community”