Liberty Transp. & Storage Co., Inc./Union, NJ

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Cory2001

Liberty Transp. & Storage Co., Inc./Union, NJ

Postby Cory2001 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:23 am

Has anyone heard of them? They are a United Van Lines agent. However, unless I am missing something, I can't find them on this website. I also have not been able to find any info out there. Thank you.

Diane

Re: Liberty Transp. & Storage Co., Inc./Union, NJ

Postby Diane » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:13 am

Hi - I don't think they have ever been discussed here, unless they are a branch of the Liberty United company in NYC. Their website at www.libertytransport.com doesn't indicate that there is any connection. If you haven't already looked at my summary post linked to below, you might want to do so in order to get a sense of what other companies in your area have good reviews here.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Cory2001

Postby Cory2001 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:49 am

Hello Diane; thank you for the reply. The website you posted is the same one as the one that is on their business card. I will check your summary post. Thank you again.

Glad to Help

Postby Glad to Help » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:06 am

Diane wrote:Hi - I don't think they have ever been discussed here, unless they are a branch of the Liberty United company in NYC. Their website at www.libertytransport.com doesn't indicate that there is any connection. If you haven't already looked at my summary post linked to below, you might want to do so in order to get a sense of what other companies in your area have good reviews here.

They have no affiliation with Liberty on Long Island.

Liberty in Union,NJ has been a United Agent for a long time and has a good reputation as a quality mover.

Cory2001

Postby Cory2001 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:46 am

Glad to help, thanks for the help. I went to the United website and found them listed. Here's the details:

LIBERTY TRANSPORTATION & STORAGE CO., INC.
1075 GARDEN STATE RD.
UNION, NJ 07083-8171
Telephone: (908) 964-8390
Fax: (908) 964-9269
Toll Free: (800) 524-0567
http://www.libertytransport.com

As Diane said, there is not any information about them here.

Thanks again.

shaunsindelman

Postby shaunsindelman » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:37 pm

I just want to say that while Liberty was good at packing, loading, and driving my belongings from Brooklyn, NY to Denver, CO last month, I will NEVER use them again for a few reasons.

The driver chose the most inept people to do the unloading and reassembling of furniture that was disassembled at the origin. It says alot when one of the members of the unloading crew admits he does not do cribs yet he is sitting there reassembling one and proceeds to use screws and hardware that did not come with the crib to begin with as replacements for hardware that was missing (due to the disassembler not packing all of them and not telling the driver).

Now I'm trying to deal with United to get reimbursed for what I paid out of pocket to hire someone to come and reassemble them PROPERLY yet nobody at United wants to take that responsibility.

For anyone's future moving needs, I would stay clear of Liberty and possibly United in general unless you want to be told "things go missing all the time. It's not our fault."

Return to “Open Community”