Samson moving and Storage (Chicago) OR Peacock

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Diane

Re: Samson moving and Storage (Chicago) OR Peacock

Postby Diane » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:38 am

Thank you for posting this to warn others. I added your complaint to my summary post on Illinois moving companies linked to below.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Another Unsatisfied One

Re: Samson moving and Storage (Chicago) OR Peacock

Postby Another Unsatisfied One » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:43 pm

Samson is HORRIBLE!!!! I used them when I moved locally last year. I was moving in with my fiance, and because our house was not finished, I had to move some items, and leave some items in storage. I was quoted a price of $57/month for storage. When they finished moving, they told me that I had too much stuff and they would have to charge me $155/month.

At that point we threatened to make him move it to a storage unit, and Samson came down on the price. Despite this, we should have rented a storage unit, because when I had my stuff moved back to the house, one of the men took my engagement ring. When I contacted the owner, I was told "it was my word against theirs and while they would give me names and addresses of the movers, Samson was not responsible because it was not secured." WHAT?!?!?!?!?! This gives someone license to steal?

Bottom line - do not trust your stuff with this company!!!

Return to “Open Community”