Security Van Lines (Kenner, La)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
PLB11

Security Van Lines (Kenner, La)

Postby PLB11 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:18 am

Does anyone have experience with Security Van Lines located in Kenner La. They claim to be an agent for United Van Lines.

Thanks for the help. javascript:emoticon(':)')

BigLeeCalif

Re: Security Van Lines (Kenner, La)

Postby BigLeeCalif » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:02 pm

I am a little concerned with the way this company has a lots of names.

Security Van Lines LLC is NOT listed in the United Van Lines agency listing. So I called the 800 # for the one agent in Kenner, which is Johnson Storage & Moving Company. I asked the girl who answered, since she answered as Security Van Lines, if they also represented Johnson. She answered, Oh we have lots of names....

Personally, they might be ok. Saferweb shows 57 trucks.. Only problem I see is they had 2 inspections within the last 24 months, and both times the trucks were placed out of service.

Interestingly enough I went to Mayflower agents in Kenner, and found AAA-Audobon Moving & Storage, Inc. as the Mayflower agent, but the address is the same as Security Van Lines, and Johnson Storage & Moving.

Most dual agents that I know keep the same company name for both United and Mayflower, and just maintain separate office space and staffs.

Like I said this might be nothing, but I would check and get estimates from NAVL, Allied, and perhaps a couple of other van lines in your area.

Check this review of moving companies by Diane, and scroll down to Louisiana, and see what's available in your area. Reminder that these reviews are positive and negative...

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8038
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:56 pm

Security is an old New Orleans name. The company was owned by the Goldwasser Family untl about 1992 or 93 when it was purchased by the Johnson Moving Company out of Denver. In New Orleans the name was well known and so Johnson trades under it to this day. But the Johnson name is a very good name and the owner Mark Johnson is well thought of in the industry. He has served on the board of Unigroup and of THE American Moving & Storage Association.

You should have no issues using them. :D

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:15 pm

I never said they weren't good, I just had concerns.

If you call a business and you get someone answering under a name different than the one showing in the advertisements, the person answering the phone should be able to offer a better explanation than "oh we have lots of names..."
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Return to “Open Community”