NYC to San Diego RAVE

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
mtbwustl

NYC to San Diego RAVE

Postby mtbwustl » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:41 pm

We moved from NYC (Bronx) to San Diego and used V. Santini/Atlas. Using these message boards, we first thought we'd use ABF or BE, but my laziness too over and we decided to use V. Santini/Atlas. I'm thrilled to say that the entire experience was excellent from start to finish. First, the estimator arrived on time and was very helpful in terms of suggestions of how to save money, pack, stuff like that. As we moved in early July, we knew that we were only one of many many customers, but V. Santini made us feel like we were the only customers they had. Our shipping coordinators, Jennifer and Louis, were on top of every detail, calling us with updates, and just generally helpful beyond the call of duty. The day of packing and pick up, the moving team arrived a little early -- which was perfectly ok by us -- and they finished the job much earlier than we thought as well. The whole team was super nice, friendly, efficient, and even kind of cute! As we were slowly driving across the country, we were flexible w/ the delivery date, but the team kept us well informed about the progress of our items. The delivery crew arrived on time, everything was delivered intact -- nothing broken, dented or dirty. Again, this part of the process took less time than anticipated as well. They even put back together some of the furniture than was disassembled in the move.

The best part -- this excellent service was provided at HALF the price we were originally quoted! So, tremendous customer service, glitch-free pick up and delivery, and we even saved a few thousand dollars! I'd use this company anytime, and I'd recommend them to anyone.

Diane

Re: NYC to San Diego RAVE

Postby Diane » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:09 pm

We have some other good reviews of this company. Who was your sales rep, if you see this?

mtbwustl

Postby mtbwustl » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:43 pm

Joe from the Westchester NY office was our sales rep. After we signed on w/ the company, we worked w/ Louis and Jennifer for the moving details. Emmitt and his team of guys, who we all loving called "Zoom, Zoom and Zoom" for their speed, were our pick up team in NYC. Marshall and Mary were our drivers. All of them were delightful, friendly and great.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:36 pm

Marshall and Mary were long-haul drivers provided by Atlas Van Lines, right? How long did your things wait at the V. Santini warehouse for the drivers to swing by?

And you apparently had a Nonbinding quote? How much did you pay and for how much weight? You paid for this yourself, right? It wasn't an employer-paid move?

In reviewing the information we have here on V. Santini, I see that a couple of years ago they told somebody that they don't give Binding Not to Exceed quotes.

mtbwustl

Postby mtbwustl » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:11 pm

Yes, Mary and Marshall were the long-haul drivers provided by Atlas. We didn't wait long at all for the drivers to get the items on the truck. We originally thought we would need storage time since we weren't quite sure of our housing situation in SD. When storage turned out to be unnecessary, V Santini quickly changed our order and delivery time. Our stuff was packed and picked up on a Friday and was on the truck Monday AM. I did ask if they gave a "not to exceed" quote, but I frankly did not expect one as we were all over the place WRT what we wanted to take w/ us. I'll find our contract and give you an update. We had a fairly standard 2-bed apt. in NYC to give you an idea about the volume of stuff we shipped. The entire move cost less than our move only a few years ago from St. Louis to NYC, and we moved a much bigger house then. Instead of being reimbursed for moving expenses, I was given a larger cash bonus to use how I wanted, which is why we considered ABF at first.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:59 pm

Thanks for this info - you don't have to look up the contract, except that I'm a little curious about how much the whole move cost. I am always interested in whether the person's employer had a special relationship with the moving company, since such moves tend to go better. But it seems as if that wasn't the case with you.

mtbwustl

Postby mtbwustl » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:57 pm

In total, the move cost about $4400. No relationship at all w/ the movers.

Return to “Open Community”