Problem with Broadway Express - Shuttling

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Ruges

Re: Problem with Broadway Express - Shuttling

Postby Ruges » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:44 pm

That was the old beltman agent that I had the problems with (I don't think they are there anymore) I have been using Prager in Naperville since and they do a great job for me. From coming in on the weekend's to coming in at 8pm to letting me use one of there trucks todo a shuttle, to having a nice clean facility with easy acces/parking and qualified help.
Ruges

BBATCO1

Re: *Problem with Broadway Express - Shuttling

Postby BBATCO1 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:44 am

Prager has one of the nicest facilites I hve ever seen.

C00Ki3

Postby C00Ki3 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:08 pm

I've got a move scheduled for 11/20 with Moovers, Inc. I live at 5xx W. Diversey Pkwy. That is between the major cross streets of Clark & Diversey and Sheridan & Diversey. I am in a walk-up building with alley access. The alley is where movers typically park.

My driver is nervous about driving his tractor in to the city. He also looked on Google Maps and is nervous about where his tractor can be parked. Since he only felt comfortable using a shuttle, I went ahead and agreed to pay for it.

However, l have two concerns:

First, even with a shuttle, he said that he is nervous about low train tracks. I'm sure there are ways to get to my place and avoid train tracks. Normally I take Lakeshore Drive and get off at Fullerton, then take the park up to my place. However, I don't think trucks are allowed on Lakeshore. How would you recommend I direct the driver? He should probably be able to take care of this himself, but I'll help him if I can.

Second, he seems to think that he might have to make two shuttles. I don't know whether they would charge me twice if they had to do two. I only have a 2 bedroom apartment (albeit a large 2 bedroom) and he is bringing a 24 foot shuttle truck. U-Haul's 24 foot trucks say they can handle 3-4 bedrooms. Therefore, assuming I have an average to large 2 bedroom, should there be any problem fitting everything in a 24 foot truck?

Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:27 pm

COOK,

BBATCO1 is probably not going to see this. Send him your question as a Private Message by clicking on the "pm" button below his post and he will be notified that he has a PM.

Return to “Open Community”