movinginsurance.com vs. bakers

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
fresh off the truck

movinginsurance.com vs. bakers

Postby fresh off the truck » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:34 pm

one of the things that's different about moishes (the folks i'm considering having move me from chicago to NYC) is that they don't offer insurance, but rather tell customers to use movinginsurance.com.

first off is movinginsurance.com legit?

second, what does it say that bakers moving insurance, the texas bricks and mortar moving insurance company, doesn't deal with moishes anymore? a customer rep there said that moishes used to be on bakers approved list but no more?

should i be worried, and what about movinginsurance.com?

Glad to Help

Re: movinginsurance.com vs. bakers

Postby Glad to Help » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:33 pm

I am familiar with Bakers and they are reputable company.

Both are legitimate insurance companies.

Here is an interview with Gadi Binness
CEO, MovingInsurance.com from fastcompany.com

http://www.fastcompany.com/fast50_05/pr ... binness632

I do not personally know anyone that uses movinginsurance.com,but they list fry-wagner as one of their clients. Fry-Wagner is a top quality United Van Lines agent and must use them on their O&I and locals,as it is mandatory for all United agents to use vanliners(a unigroup company)on all United Van Lines authority moves(interstate).

f

Postby f » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:43 pm

thanks -- good to read this.

however, should i be thrown off by moishe's not offering their own full value replacement insurance, or is that fine?

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:42 pm

Glad to Help wrote:I do not personally know anyone that uses movinginsurance.com,but they list fry-wagner as one of their clients. Fry-Wagner is a top quality United Van Lines agent and must use them on their O&I and locals,as it is mandatory for all United agents to use vanliners(a unigroup company)on all United Van Lines authority moves(interstate).

Glad, it would be good if you would talk with someone at Fry-Wagner sometime to confirm that they are actually a client of MovingInsurance.com and that they are satisfied. You have a rosier view of MI.com than I do.

f . . . it's NOT fine, in my opinion. There's a reason that Baker dropped Moishe's.

Glad to Help

Postby Glad to Help » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:55 am

My opinion is that real insurance is much better then movers valuation. I saw Fry-Wagner on movingins.com's client list. Someone could email Fry Wagner and verify. I can't endorse movingins.com , I do not know enough about them. Bakers is an good company.

I am not a big fan of Moishe, they are much improved , there are better choices in moving companies.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:40 am

Definitely, insurance is better than valuation. Valuation only reimburses you for the weight of the broken item, not the actual value.

fresh off the truck

Postby fresh off the truck » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:21 am

i'll ask frye if they really use MI.com and let everyone know.

as for moishe's, i chose them because i didn't want to deal with agents (and high prices) of folks like meyers (arpin) and others in the chicago area, and didn't feel comfortable with golan's reputation and it's volume not weight method.

moishe's weight estimate was about the same as everyone else (5700 lbs) but it's rate was lower 3600$ for this chicago-brooklyn move, and it promised no shuttle on either end.

i read the board, called pat, got multiple estimates -- anything else i should have done, or still could do, let me know.

thanks!

Re: Moving in the state of Washington

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:40 am

Does anyone have a great story regarding using a moving company within the state of Washington?
We are moving from the Everett area down to Tacoma.
Reading all the postings this morning makes me want to rent an Uhaul.

Thanks,

Joe

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:23 pm

fresh off the truck wrote:i'll ask frye if they really use MI.com and let everyone know.

Good - please, PLEASE tell us what Fry-Wagner says. I have been curious about its experience with MI.com for a long time. Make sure that you talk with someone who really knows the answer and not just someone who will blow you off.
i read the board, called pat . . .

Please, PLEASE post what Pat said about using Moishe's, or if you don't want to post it publicly, please sign up as a member and send me a PM.

Joe,

Click on the link below my name and then scroll down to "Washington State" on the last page to see what has been said here about moving companies in your area. There are plenty of reputable companies to choose from.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

fresh off the truck

Postby fresh off the truck » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:10 pm

i haven't talked to fry yet, but pat basically said that she'd had better experiences with moishe than with golan, and that golan's effort to go by volume not weight was a problem as well.

she said that the other folks i auditioned were all fine -- myers (arpin), armstrong (___), and betsy.

the in house weight estimates i got were all about the same 5700 lbs, except for meyers, which came in way below that.

armstrong was the only one that emphasized its price guarantee (do not exceed), but it also seemed that the flipside was that if the weight was lower than anticipated there wouldn't be a pound for pound reduction.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:30 pm

Did Moishe's and/or Arpin give you a GNTE quote?

Gadi is a scammer

Postby Gadi is a scammer » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:13 pm

Go with Baker as Movinginsurance.com will take your money and not pay a claim. Gadi is tied to the same group of NY Scammers who screw cod customers. The Israeli mafia.

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:39 pm

Fry-Wagner is not affiliated with MovingInsurance.com. I heard through the grapevine that the owner had to demand Binness remove Fry-Wagner's listing because they had never done any business with MovingInsurance and did not want to be listed with them. I wonder if there are others on that "affiliates" list that do not know they are there. I'm not sure why agents of major van lines that have their own insurance are signing up for these outside policies. I think MovingInsurance.com is just trying to look good by adding big-time names without being asked to. Someone should call those other big names and see if they know they are listed.

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:40 pm

And why does that article have a bunch of comments at the end by people in Israel? I thought that article was about American busnesses.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:43 pm

He means this article:

http://www.fastcompany.com/fast50_05/pr ... binness632

Gadi, if you're reading, is this person right? Do you have permission from all of the Affiliates on your site to list their names? I see some nationally-known van line agents there. But you'd think that they would have gotten their information right when they filled out your questionnaire. All of the agents I see have NO next to Van Line affiliation, but it's in the title of the listing.

At least you're consistent.

Return to “Open Community”