minero movers?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
smsmith

minero movers?

Postby smsmith » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:47 pm

emoves suggested minero movers for unloading help in VA...anyone heard of them?

MusicMom

Re: minero movers?

Postby MusicMom » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:58 pm

Never heard of them. Do you have an address or phone number?

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:09 am

well emoves doesn't seem to supply that info until after you book....but I did some google searching and found that they advertise on craigslist and used to be called Move Week&Ends and the contact person is Eugene at 703-927-5180/Cell or 703-489-3325/Cell . ring any bells??

smsmith

Postby smsmith » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:10 am

sorry that "gues" was me...didn't sign in yet. anyway also they are based in fairfax va.

rredrosie

Postby rredrosie » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:29 pm

I think minero and move week&ends are different because they have separate listings w/ different prices on emove.

I actually just ordered thru emove with them (minero) but they haven't called yet. never used emove but seemed good (some safeguards so they don't rip you off) and lower stress than other ways. I have them unloading my stuff from a uhaul in DC. The reviews were good and the price was reasonable. I went with a licenced company to load the truck in ny, H&M movers - who also had good reviews. they called me right away (like w/ 20 min) and its all set. aug 15th is the move

-h

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:40 pm

fyi - don't know if this means anything, but here's why I thought they were the same (From craigslist posting):

"
Minero Movers Formerly Move Week&Ends, FREE estimate"Minero Movers" is a moving company based in Fairfax, Virginia.

Complete Professionalism
Free Estimate
On Time

**July SPECIAL**
**Offer best price using our pick-up truck for your move**
Offer best price in town!!
References upon request

Contact Eugene at 703-927-5180/Cell or 703-489-3325/Cell"

[/quote]

rredrosie

Postby rredrosie » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:48 pm

sorry, guess i spoke too soon...i see a couple of those listings from craigslist too.

-h

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:17 pm

I saw those listings, too, but found no info other than those two cell phones.

However, i Googled the first cell phone, and found this listing for a KEE Movers, using the same cell phone. They use the same phrase, "COmplete professionalism". I'm a little wary of a mover who has had three names already and uses cell phones only. I'm guessing, however, the it's just a guy and his buddies, who own a van. As long as they unload you well, that's all that matters.
http://www.tipclub.com/tip.asp?ID=310

The home number there
Espinoza, Edwin & Mia
7590 Helmsdale Pl
Manassas, VA 20109-6485
(703) 330-5098

Maybe the "K" is for his partner, and the "EE" are for Edwin Espinoza? I'm just speculating, and none of this really has any bearing on your move, so I'll stop now....

smsmith

Postby smsmith » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:25 am

well I bit the bullet and made a "reservation" with minero - I figure we are less pressed for time on the unloading end of the move - worst case we could round up friends and do it ourselves if these guys are a no show. So I will be sure to post at the beginning of sept and report on how they were! still working on the boston end....

daveg

Postby daveg » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:08 pm

Hi,
Found this site when I was looking for a local mover in D.C. MusicMom and others scared me away from the 'cheap' guys, and I didn't really want to pay the $1000 beltway and others wanted (this is for a simple 1br move from dc to arlington). To make a long story short, we rented our own UHaul and used Minero (which we hired through emove). I can't recommend them enough. They came right on time, quickly and safely got everything onto the truck (we packed our stuff ourselves), and just as quickly unpacked at the new place. In other words, they did everything I wanted them too, and I ended up paying less than $400 total for the move. This is definitely the way to go (for local moves), as long as you are willing to pack yourself.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:28 pm

Since there seems to be some confusion in the above posts, can you please confirm the contact information for Minero and the name of the contact person there, if possible? We like to keep track of good little companies that can help load and unload.

rossjem

Postby rossjem » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:58 am

I used Minero movers before. Eugene is the correct contact. They were awesome and I would definitely reccomend them! :D They finished the job in 1/4 the time I thought it would take, so I asked them to help me return my moving truck, and they happily did.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:32 am

Rossjem-

How much was the quote? How much did they end up charging?

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:39 pm

rossjem,

I can see that you are posting from Andrews Air Force Base so I trust your review and I'm adding it to the part of my thread (linked to below) on small companies that could be used for loading and unloading in VA. Thanks.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:30 pm

I used Minero for my unload in Baltimore this weekend and they were great. They were more careful with my stuff than my friends and I were loading it in. I'll definately call them whenever I move again.

Return to “Open Community”