Online Source for Tariffs?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
BigLeeCalif

Re: Online Source for Tariffs?

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:42 pm

Nancy where's that Excel that had the bad review?
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

PMueller

Postby PMueller » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:28 pm

I have always found Excel Moving in NC to be halpful and provide good services to my customers that needed storage, they handled the storage and the delivery with no problems.

Here is a thread where someone moved with Excel from NC to NJ for you to consider
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... highlight=

Currently I am unable to access the quality scores for both locations, but I will ASAP and let you know. The last time I checked Excel's they were in the Excellent range that was probably back in April, 2006. The last time I have a record of checking Reliable's scores was in Feb., 2006 and they were performing in the Very Good range.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:36 pm

Lee, I didn't say anything about Excel having a bad review?

To the OP, sounds like you have a fair price with some good agents. You've done well in screening them, good luck!!

Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:17 pm

Davidmom,

Just remember that University nearly always estimates high, but with a GNTE or the equivalent you will pay for only the actual weight and most people have paid substantially less than the estimate. I assume that both Reliable and University are going to self-haul the shipment to NC (?). You could ask University to quote on a weight of 13,500 pounds so you could compare apples with apples.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:24 pm

Nancy I didn't say you did a bad review...

Maybe I phrased it wrong.. Someone had made mention of a bad Excel on the East Coast, and I mentioned that it was not the same Excel as the one we have in Union City (NoCal)
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Davidmom

Postby Davidmom » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:02 pm

I actualy had Scott from University come to do an estimate. His was 16,390Lb. I was thinking of using University as the Origin agent for Security in Raleigh, NC(were I will store my things) so I was supposed to get the cost estimate from Security. But despite an email and a vmail I never heard from them. At this point I am considering asking university for an estimate on the move and storage.
thank you

Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:15 pm

Good idea - actually either Reliable or University would probably be OK as the hauler, as long as they both would be self-hauling the shipment using their own truck and driver. Since I know that the people running University are good people, I tend to lean a little more toward them, but on the other hand your things will be stored in NC not in NJ, right? and I don't have first-hand knowledge of either Security or Excel.

JohnT

Postby JohnT » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:21 am

Thank you all for your responses! Farrah, the Wheaton document is great information - even if you don't use Wheaton, it's a way to get familiar with tariff structure and contents.

It looks like to get the actual tariff used by a particular mover, though, you do have to request it from that mover. Once we settle on a company (we've met with agents for Global / North American and Bekins so far, but will be meeting others) I'll ask them for it so I can read all their specific rules, regulations, fees, extras, etc.

Thanks!

John

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:37 pm

I was on the members side of the AMSA website today, and checked the tariff 400N costs.

Its $89 for non members (tariff)
And $19 for the tariff primer

Here is the link for anyone wishing to order the tariff.

http://www.promover.org/about/tarifforder.htm

Return to “Open Community”