Credit Cards - Do any of these companies take them?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
MusicMom

Re: Credit Cards - Do any of these companies take them?

Postby MusicMom » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:57 pm

Or, first and foremost, that using the internet to look for a mover can get you into trouble. I think Farrah and I can agree that this is a fact sorely lost on most first-time moving company customers.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:07 pm

:thumbsup: A-Men to that, MM. That's why I think this website is a godsend. I hope more people learn to "google" and that this website will be brought up accordingly.

consumer advocate

Postby consumer advocate » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:20 pm

Hello Worldwide... :twisted:

PMueller

Postby PMueller » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:12 pm

Adams Transfer, an Allied agent? They service alot of my short distance moves from FL to GA and likewise my office does the same for them. They have performed well for my customers, I will look into their quality scores and let you know more detail in a later post. Try to contact another one as well for a good comparison.

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:18 am

i also heard from Mayflower - McCollister - quoted me $1200

haven't made a decision yet

will keep y'all posted - before i sign on the dotted line :D

Seveen

Postby Seveen » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:18 pm

update -

do you believe i still don't have my stuff
the movers gave me an estimate and then i never heard from them
called them back and the salesman "is no longer with us"
the new saleswoman called and reassured me it could be here by November 17 - but now she is missing in action

i can't believe this :roll:

Seveen

Postby Seveen » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:20 pm

BTW - are you supposed to tip the movers?

Diane

Postby Diane » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:50 pm

Seveen,

What company did you finally go with? - Yes, normally you would tip the movers, but first I would like to know whether the company is reputable or not.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Seveen

Postby Seveen » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:21 pm

I am going with Mayflower - this is their agent in Atlanta - let me know what you think - i appreciate it very much - this has been interesting - i hope i don't move for another 17 years :D

McCollister's Transportation Systems
1320 Progress Industrial Blvd.
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
Phone: 770-682-2575

Diane

Postby Diane » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:36 pm

So . . . your things are in a storage unit in Atlanta and you want them moved to Jacksonville? And McCollister's is giving you a runaround about when they can pick them up from the storage unit?

"BigLeeCalif" who is a volunteer here works for Mayflower and he may be able to advise you or trace the shipment or whatever if you send him a Private Message. You have to sign up for membership yourself in order to be able to send PMs.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:15 am

McCollister's is one of the larger internal carriers for Mayflower, and they have agencies in quite a lot of metro areas, so you have a good chance of a self haul.

All Mayflower drivers either have the Maystar communication system (for Internal communications), or cellphones. Make sure to get the drivers cell phone number, and make sure he has a way to contact you with deliver date info.

If you have internet access go to http://www.mayflower.com

Click on track your shipment. You will need to type in your order number, which is always in the upper right hand corner of your freight bill. You will need to put in your last name, and click go, and it should give you the number to your booking agency, the drivers name, the weight, and when the shipment is delivered. At the bottom it will show the time and place of the driver last checkin.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:05 pm

they haven't picked the stuff up yet :cry:

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:02 pm

Did you go online and check out where it's at? If you send one of the volunteers your Mayflower Order Number, we could look into it for you.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:14 pm

Saveen did you have a guaranteed load date or a load spread? If your shipment was given a spread, the guarantee is that it will be loaded during one of the load days. While Mayflower tries to accomodate your preferred date, that is really the purpose of a spread.... to give them flexibility if the schedule can't accomodate the specific date.

If you pm me with your order # I can look it up for you .... The order number will be the number in the upper right hand corner of your document and would look something like this 2812-4325-6
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Seveen

Postby Seveen » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:42 pm

I really really appreciate y'all's help!!!!!

Ok - I've been quoted $1800 for between 4000 and 4400 pounds - about 4 1/2 crates of stuff. Seems high to me with no actual furniture pieces - just boxes but I will defer to the experts - YOU ALL on that.

Again, thanks for the quick responses. I'm going sign on the dotted line very soon - if the price is right.

Thanks!

Return to “Open Community”