Need help choosing from 4 movers

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
HelenAngel

Need help choosing from 4 movers

Postby HelenAngel » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:11 pm

I live in Fort Lauderdale and am moving to rural Missouri. I've been lurking around this site for a while and all of the movers I have final quotes (and in-home estimates) from have been listed on this site.

I need to finalize my decision tomorrow. If you were me, which company would you go with in the end? All of them gave me very similar quotes and similar inventories.

A-1-A Atlantic Moving & Storage (Mayflower)
Bekins of South Florida
Griffin Moving & Storage (Allied)
AAA Gold Coast Moving & Storage (Allied)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I noticed that two of the agents missed a piece or two (all totalling under 200 lbs- 6 pieces of particleboard, a safe, and a garbage can). All of my estimates are binding ones. I plan on mentioning it to my salesperson but will this affect my quote at all?

Diane

Re: Need help choosing from 4 movers

Postby Diane » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:40 pm

Just based on what I know of the van lines, I would favor the Mayflower agent. I don't think the few extra pieces will make any difference in the price or should even be mentioned. Please come back to let us know what happens.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:38 am

I would tend to agree with Diane on the extra pieces, with the exception of the safe... You do need to mention that you have a safe to the mover, depending on the size. Safes are heavy, and do require special handling in moving. Then let the mover tell you how best to have it loaded.

A Atlantic is a top quality Mayflower agent in Florida.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

whodat1b

Postby whodat1b » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:30 am

HelenAngel - Good Luck on Your move. I must say the "lurking around " phase made me laugh. Beleive it or not it's fitting.

To Movingscam staff my Private message is not working. Thanks whodat1b.

Return to “Open Community”