ALLIED INTERNATIONAL

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
Lisa1053

ALLIED INTERNATIONAL

Postby Lisa1053 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:42 am

Is Allied International one of the GOOD International moving companies????

Their agent in Southwest Florida is:
Robert Flinn Moving & Storage Co.
Naples

I wasn't able to find any report on the BBB home page???!!!

Please let me know, if you know something - thanks.

MusicMom

Re: ALLIED INTERNATIONAL

Postby MusicMom » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:50 am

Allied Van Lines (and International) is a large van line with agents all over the country. They generally have a good reputation.

The only thing we can say about Robert Flynn is this:
--Robert Flinn Moving & Storage Co. (Allied) in Naples.
Mentioned but little information. This company has the phone number 239-643-4440.

Maybe PMueller might know of them, let me ask her to come here.

Lisa1053

Postby Lisa1053 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:59 am

thanks so much. I was just thinking it's kinda weird that a big company like Allied works with a company who is not even listed on the BBB home page. Just nothing there at all.
Lisa

Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:19 am

Robert Flinn is a bona fide Allied agent and here is its page on www.safersys.org - http://www.safersys.org/query.asp?searc ... ing=845302 They appear to be using Allied's authority to do interstate moves, since no MC number is listed.

Pam Mueller has mentioned them before, I think favorably. Sometimes companies have no BBB listing simply because they've never come to the attention of the BBB because of a complaint or whatever, but they are still OK companies. Robert Flinn would be doing the in-home survey and packaging of the goods for international shipping. Most such companies are fine because the van line obviously doesn't want any company doing this unless it is doing at least an adequate job.

Lisa1053

Postby Lisa1053 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:36 am

thank you Diane - you guys are just great - thanks so much for spending time to save others probably alot of money in using the right company for an international move!! Lisa

Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:53 pm

You're welcome, Lisa. Just a note that you would probably pay less if you booked the move with one of the four companies listed on our International Moves sticky. The international departments of the van lines (like Allied) tend to be more expensive than those companies.

Lisa1053

Postby Lisa1053 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:34 pm

oh Gosh....
Hi again Diane - International Move Sticky????
Are you talking about Southern Winds International, Stevens International and Rainier Overseas Movers?????

But you mentioned 4.....these would be only 3??!!

Addional to my headache with the household shipment to Switzerland - is my computer giving me a hard time too - shots off every few minutes. Please let me know, if you are talking about other companies and where I would find this list. I'm sorry - to bother you again - Lisa

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:44 pm

Lisa, you've got the right place. Sterling International is in there, too.
Check the opening page to the Reviews of International Movers thread.

PMueller

Postby PMueller » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:53 pm

Robert Flinn is a good office. The Allied system is updating at this time and I am unable to look at specific scores for this office. The Allied International department has been more competitive lately than in the past. Just make sure the rep understands that it is competitive and urge him to keep trying to get the best pricing, many times the local agent has some flexibility in what the origin charges are.

Allied Intl can provide information on the country you are moving to if the rep requests it. It's nice because you can see what information everyone needs and advises on different taxes, whats necessary on pets, duties, etc. The information is usually very informative and I've not seen clients get this information from many movers. If the office does not perform alot of Intl moves, they may not be aware of this information - ask for it, even if you choose another company. What country are you moving to?
"Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong."

PMueller

Postby PMueller » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:37 am

The quality scores for Robert Flinn is in the Excellent range of Allied's grading scale. On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best) the average score for this agent is a 4.48.
"Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong."

Return to “International Moves”