Not happy with the response from Rainier Overseas

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
f150_girly

Not happy with the response from Rainier Overseas

Postby f150_girly » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:56 pm

I have sent the guy 3 emails for a quote and two attempts with no reply I finally received a response on the third try and this was his response.
Keep in mind I was only asking for a quote and my move won't commence till next year. Here is his reply. Talk about bad Customer Service. He didn't even read my email.

Sorry, we are so busy that we can not handle any more shpts until after the summer....
Good luck !
DW
Doug Wiviott
Rainier Overseas Movers, Inc.
Director, International Business Development

P.O. Box 97004, Bellevue, WA 98009
Doug@rainieros.com
Toll free phone 1-800-426-9928 ext. 220
Fax 425-643-0448
www.Rainieros.com

MusicMom

Re: Not happy with the response from Rainier Overseas

Postby MusicMom » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:18 pm

I agree that the reponse was rather clipped. But all movers now are VERY busy, and he could have had a lot of things going on. Nobody can give 110% attention when there are 50 things going on at once. If your move is not happening until next year, any quotes they give you will "expire" before then, anyway (this could be why he didn't even respond). Wait until after the summer, and send the same email again. For best response and prices, ask in the colder months, when moves are at their lowest. I bet you'll find a different person responding.

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:24 pm

I need the quotes because we need alot of money for the move. I have to estimate what it will take to get me to New Zealand. We are on a fixed budget thats why I need the quote before hand. I have to know how much this will cost.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:48 pm

I see. Maybe try calling them? You can get this point across best in your own voice. From my own experiences answering phones, mid-morning and mid-afternoon are the two best times to call a business offices for discussions.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:53 pm

I suggest that you sign up for membership here, then send a PM to "hardatwork" to ask him to give you a ballpark estimate on your move, since that's all you need at this point. I don't think you're likely to fare any better on the phone than in emails. Rainier is very small and is probably swamped, as Doug says.

Don't Shoot

Postby Don't Shoot » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:17 pm

You can let me know the details, MM or Diane. I work with Rainier all the time and I could probably get some expedited service for this guy.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:46 pm

I don't know the details?

Happy move

Postby Happy move » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:43 am

I moved from San Diego to Israel in 1996 using Rainier Overseas.

Their competitive estimates in their quotes were maintained in the final agreement. :D

The delivery was done without damage to my goods. :)

Their service was professional. 8)

The only mar in their service was their clearing agent in Israel which provided the service but did not go out of their way to expedite the release from cusoms quickly or with the most friendly service. :x

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:51 am

Well, hopefully things have changed in the last 8 years (concerning the last part, not the first three :wink: )

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:59 pm

Things should be slowing down right about now.. The busy season actually ended on September 30 (theoretically)

One reason Rainier is extremely busy right now is that from my area the Military is repositioning quite a few troops from the San Diego area to Guam.
Hopefully it isn't in response to the North Korea nuclear tests.

Rainier does a great deal of those, and as a military Mayflower agent, we are selected for a great number of those relocations. Rainier is named as the forwarder, and we are named as the pack and load agent.

Anyone moving might try the other international agents mentioned on this site, if you have to make an immediate decision.

But I would suggest that all overseas agents might be busy for a bit longer.
If you wish to send me a pm with your email addy, I will contact Rainier tomorrow and see if I can get them to work with you.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:25 pm

Lee, that post was from July 2005. :wink:

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:27 pm

I was responding to MM's comment from this morning.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:26 am

hmmm- I dont think I ever heard of a forwarder turning away business unless its a shipment to some wild or weird place in the world. Also keep in mind that rates will change every 30-60 days and most forwarders will put that on their quote to you. To quote something 3 or 6 months out will is not impossible to do but most forwarders including our company will tell you up front that the rates will change.
Have any of the other companys on the approved list come back to you?
Intlmover

f150_girly wrote:I have sent the guy 3 emails for a quote and two attempts with no reply I finally received a response on the third try and this was his response.
Keep in mind I was only asking for a quote and my move won't commence till next year. Here is his reply. Talk about bad Customer Service. He didn't even read my email.

Sorry, we are so busy that we can not handle any more shpts until after the summer....
Good luck !
DW
Doug Wiviott
Rainier Overseas Movers, Inc.
Director, International Business Development

P.O. Box 97004, Bellevue, WA 98009
Doug@rainieros.com
Toll free phone 1-800-426-9928 ext. 220
Fax 425-643-0448
www.Rainieros.com

Return to “International Moves”