never use ZIPTOZIP moving

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
TONYTIME

never use ZIPTOZIP moving

Postby TONYTIME » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:23 pm

absolutely the worse time of my life, all of our belongings held hostage for 51 days..they lie cheat and steal and send you the rudest drivers they have.....never ever use them..my worst nightmare

MusicMom

Re: never use ZIPTOZIP moving

Postby MusicMom » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:01 am

What dates did this happen on? Have you gone to the DOT to complain? 1-800-DOT-SAFT

consumer advocate

Postby consumer advocate » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:02 am

Sorry this happened to you. We're well aware of Zip to Zip. They're on our blacklist. Did you file complaints here and with the FMCSA?

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:23 pm

post removed

Gentle Giant

Postby Gentle Giant » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:05 am

An owner of ZiptoZip Van Lines is Aviad Peretz, he has opened another company in Hollywood California called GLOBUS VAN LINES which owns no tractor and no trailer although they have a great web site that is very misleading. BEWARE! They are also scam artists as we found out in our move a few months ago. They subcontract with Shiva Transportation Inc of Miami another part of the scam. There is also a Civil Court Action in Broward Circuit Court at the present time involving ZiptoZip and Aviad Peretz; however, it is listed as other civil and I was unable to establish exactly what the court case is in reference to.

consumer advocate

Postby consumer advocate » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:47 am

Thanks GentleGiant. This is good info. I notice from your profile that you're clergy. When I first saw your name I thought you were from the moving company named GentleGiant! Luckily, it's one of the companies that gets favorable reviews here at movingscam. Thanks again for your contribution of information.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:28 am

Globus is already on the Blacklist. They had a flurry of complaints a few months ago, when we found out they were a new version of "West East Van Lines", previously Blacklisted. Brother Moshe Peretz was involved in Budget Van Lines (also Blacklited), and is involved in Globus.

WilHale

Postby WilHale » Wed May 10, 2006 4:41 pm

Add Shiva of Miami to that list.

Jan 31, 2006
They sent a shister to my house by the name of Yoram Kalak. He told me, about ahlfway thru the loading, that it would cost me double what I was quoted because I had a lot more than was estimated. I tole him we would go with what the scale said. He offered to do the 7800 job for 10000.

May 10, 2006
We Have been in our house for a month. The mover has been steadily asking for 1700 a month for storage. He promised deliver at 11:00 today.

Turns out that the stuff was never removed from storage and was never paid for. They, the storage place, was gonna auction off our household goods at 2:00 today. We were very fortunate to find this out. I had to pay 2000 for the storage of our HH goods for March, April and May. That works out to less than 700 a month...hmm

We managed to stop the auction and are now looking for a way to get our stuff. I cant beleive that we have paid over 8800 for the move and more for storage and still have not received our HH goods.

We are now working with the stoarge company to try to get our HH Goods back.

What a Nightmare.

Here is a list of all involved:

Yoram Kalak - Actaully picked up our goods and gave us the contract.

Ilan Nahum - We paid him for the move 8800.00 USD tho he said that he just transfered it to an Western Union account.

Great American Van Lines. - This is who we contracted the move through. Been helpful but no respons. for anything.

Shiva Transport in Miami - Took the job, gave it to Yoram Kalak

Wells Fargo Moving - Not sure what they have to do with it. But paid them money for storage.

Storage USA - Where our stuff is.

This is an on going story. I Have filed complaints with NTSB and others.

Hope this helps.

Postby Guest » Sat May 13, 2006 11:09 am

An addendum to the above post can be found here:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 8883#58883

Basically Yoram Kalak Was posing as someone working for Shiva when he was hired by Great American Moving.

My apologies to Shiva and my thanks for being so professional about getting my HH goods to me.

Orlando Victim

Postby Orlando Victim » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:21 pm

I was one of the lucky ones, I guess. It appears I am only out my $100 deposit. Zip to Zip never showed up to handle my move. Calls were either not answered, or handled very rudely. One gentleman first claimed to be Jay the Dispatcher, then he was Jay the Manager and the next day, same foreign accent/same voice, he was Jeff the Driver. When I told him I knew I was talking to the same person, he hung up on me. I repeatedly asked to speak to a manager, never was given that opportunity. Even after speaking to the sales contact that rooked me in to using his company. Whatever happened to CUSTOMER SERVICE?

Do not use this company. They lie, lie and lie some more!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:03 pm

I saw your RipOff Report with the more detailed web o' names.

Even though $100 seem small to you, it is $100 that you have just paid someone to hang up and lie to you. My suggestion is to try to get the deposit back in this way:

Type and sign a business letter (use the Template in Microsoft Word) detailing your hiring of Zip to Zip, the phone calls you made (if possible, get the dates and times from your phone bill) and log which names were used for what was said. Request an immediate refund of your $100 paid deposit, as the move was not completed and Zip To Zip defaulted on their right to keep the money.

[Check if your move dates fell within their lack of license period. It was revoked June 12, and reinstated June 22.]

Under your signature, write "c.c. to Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, Florida Attorney General- Economic Crimes Division" and send the letter to those agencies as well.

It may seem like a lot to do for $100, but every cent they are allowed to unlawfully keep will only encourage them to do it to someone else.

Ineedtobeonmeds

Postby Ineedtobeonmeds » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:58 pm

Hello to all who have had issues with ZIP To ZIP. I used to work for this company as a foreman. I know Jay Kramer and Aviad....I have had the pleasure of punching Aviad in the jaw for not paying me my monies. There seems to be a trend here that everyone is not noticing. Most of these companies are run by Isralies. I can vouch for the thievery that occurs in these companies....for I used to take part in this myself. To these companies they believe this is the correct thing to do. My advice to all is to stay away from internet quotes and use a reputable company. You can also do it yourself....hire some local kids to load a rental truck drive it there yourself and hire to unload. Good luck

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:17 pm

meds,

Thanks for the info. Do you know whether a guy named Daniel Cunningham used to be involved with Zip to Zip?

Unimagineable...

Shiva Transport Moving Company - Liars & Cheats...

Postby Unimagineable... » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:49 pm

Shiva Transport Moving Company, a Miami Moving Company has been one of the most horrifying companies I have ever dealt with in my life.

Shiva Transport stole my television - 52inch Plasma
Shiva Transport damaged all of my goods.
I was forced to live in an empty house for 24 days.
I was quoted 1/3 of what I finally paid.
I was told I would be "taken care" of by Shiva Transport CEO Shai or Shy or however you spell his name not once but twice. The only thing I got from him was a "full voice mail box".
I was told I would be "taken care" of by Amanda, their underpaid employee who for all I know is a 50/50 partner with Shai. All I ever got were long winded conversations ending up in, "do you have the serial number to your TV"?

Why would I have the serial number to a TV set? I wasn't planning on having it stolen by my moving company 4 months after I purchased the item.

I hate to even waste my time posting in a blog about a company but I don't want anyone else to be taken advantage of like me ever again. I'm lucky to only be 28 years old and to have the energy to deal with this. I can't imagine what an experience like this would do to someone else.

I only hope that people search for SHIVA TRANSPORT INC MOVING COMPANY before making a decision to use their company.

I will do my best to post warnings on all the major moving company sites along with a complaint to the national BBB and the Florida BBB.

-Tom

cosmin

Re: never use SHIVA

Postby cosmin » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:39 am

Tom, the exact thing happened with me, with the exact characters: Shay, who is Shay Horowitz and "Amanda". They stole my Home Theater System and made me pay 3 times the quote and live in an empty house for 2 months!!! They stole some furniture and the one that they brought was all damaged.

I wonder what the police is doing, it is so obvious that there is a ring of Israeli organized crime, all these duds with names like Horowitz, Benamer, POran:

BENNAMER, SHARON
710 S. PARK RD.,#14216

HOLLYWOOD FL 33021 US
BENNAMER, HAYIM
710 S. PARK RD., #14216

HOLLYWOOD FL 33021 US
HOROWITZ, SHAY
419 NW 94 LANE

CORAL SPRINGS FL 33017 US
YOSEF, PORAN

THey should not be allowed to open any company! How stupid police can be in Florida? All these names that end in Van Lines, I mean, are we protected in this country or what????

Return to “Report A Scam”