Southern Cal Moving and Storage-A++++

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Exec124

Southern Cal Moving and Storage-A++++

Postby Exec124 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:03 am

I have moved several times in the past 20 years. I've dealt with numerous companies and I must say that my last move with Southern Cal Moving and Storage was far and away the best experience I've had. They are an agent for National Van Lines. I was most impressed with the honesty of their sales rep Jim. He offered a direct open line form start to finish. It made for a very stress free move from my home in Anaheim, CA to Houston,TX.

Just felt compelled to post my appreciation.

MusicMom

Re: Southern Cal Moving and Storage-A++++

Postby MusicMom » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:13 am

Umm, "Exec", your profile to the left says you live in Orange County CA, not Houston TX, and you've posted elsewhere today under the name of "SoCalMover", with the email address jim.southerncal@....

I HIGHLY suggest you remove your fake review before we do, and save yourself and your company some embarrassment. If you take it down, I'll remove this entire thread like it never happened.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:31 am

What happened to Southern Cal's website?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:28 pm

I see that Jim has read my Private Message requesting he remove this fake review himself, and he has chosen not to do so.

Please, anyone considering Southern Cal Moving & Storage, keep in mind that Jim has no troubles lying to the public, so who knows what might go on with your move. Best to ask for a different salesperson, or even consider whether this thing happens a lot within the company, or if Jim is acting on his own in trying to boost his sales record.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:08 am

Judging from his email address, this guy must be James Fox, because the name appears on his company's website page:

http://socalmove.sbcontract.com/profile.htm

So Jim/James posted a fake review and refused to take it down when asked to do so. As of 10/06 Southern Cal has 28 BBB complaints over the past 36 months:
http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Busin ... D=30000335 :(
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Jorja

Postby Jorja » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:38 am

Diane - I am with National Van Lines, and the Southern Cal company you are referring to is a different company, and does not represent us. Our Southern CAL Moving & Storage is in Corona, CA and is NOT owned by Al Davis.
Diane wrote:Judging from his email address, this guy must be James Fox, because the name appears on his company's website page:

So Jim/James posted a fake review and refused to take it down when asked to do so. As of 10/06 Southern Cal has 28 BBB complaints over the past 36 months:
http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Busin ... D=30000335 :(

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:36 pm

The LA BBB Report that Diane posted is for the following company:
http://li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov/LIVIEW/p ... al_name=SO.^CAL.^MOVING,^INC.&pv_pref_docket=MC252719&pv_usdot_no=671253&pv_vpath=LIVIEW

Their license was revoked last week. They are known as Southern California Moving and Storage. Their website is www.socalmove.com and they are located in Temecula, CA.

Southern Cal Moving and Storage does not have a website and is located in Corona, CA. They don't seem to have a listing under their name on the BBB. Their phone numbers are 800-475-5427 and 951-520-8822.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:01 pm

Thanks, Farrah and Jorja. On this website we want to be as fair and accurate as possible.

So, I understand from what you are saying that the company in Temecula with the bad BBB report is not connected with the Jim who posted a fake review here praising the company in Corona.

This is the CPUC listing for the company in Temecula (Southern California Moving and Storage) run by Albert Davis showing a suspended license:
http://www.cpuc.ca.gov/tmis/det_MTR0172577.htm

The company in Corona described below is a National Van Lines agent and this website mentioning James Fox is connected with the National Van Lines agent, not with the company in Temecula, even though they both use "socalmove" as part of their domain name:

Company Profile

Legal Company Name: Southern Cal Moving and Storage
Company ID: USR20060508142444468

Web: Company website
Telephone: 949-394-1725

Product Keywords: moving, relocation, household goods, packing, storage, mover,

Physical Address:
1595 East 6th St
Corona, California 92879
USA

Map This Location
Mailing Address:
1595 East 6th St
Corona, California 92879
USA

Corporate Status: Individual,Partnership

Year Established: 2000
Annual Revenue:
No. of Employees: 11 - 50 People

Company Description:
Complete household goods relocation and storage services. Inter/intrastate, local, international. A National Van Lines Agent

NAICS Codes
[484210] Used Household and Office Goods Moving

Contact Information:
James Fox
Field Rep
Southern Cal Moving and Storage
1595 E. 6th street
Corona, CA 92870
Tel: 951-520-8800

This is the CPUC listing for the company in Corona (Southern Cal Moving and Storage) run by Gary Ratliff, showing that its licensing is in order:

http://www.cpuc.ca.gov/tmis/det_MTR0189425.htm
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:47 pm

Wait, which company was listed wrong?

the www.sbcontract.com listed in the Company Profile Diane copied above is the one that's not working. Their name at the CPUC is Southern Cal Third Party, DBA Southern Cal Moving.

Then there is www.socalmove.com , which is registered to the Temicula company, and has teh B rating at the LA BBB, which Diane posted above. Temicula had their license revoked last week.

Then there is Southern Cal Moving Connection. Maybe the same as Temicula? I don't think so, the names of employees are different. Oh, no, it's not. THIS is the one owned by Al Davis, license suspended. The address is in Temicula.

So the end result is that Jim works for the So Cal Moving in Corona, company website not working, has an active license, is an agent of National Van Lines, and lies.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:55 pm

BINGO!

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:13 pm

MusicMom wrote:So the end result is that Jim works for the So Cal Moving in Corona, company website not working, has an active license, is an agent of National Van Lines, and lies.

:lol: So this is what the Superlist should say about Southern Cal Moving and Storage in Corona?

Too bad Jim didn't remove the post when you asked him to.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:05 pm

He deleted my Private Message with no response.

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:52 am

This is confusing, because despite the fact that someone from the company insists above that its name is Southern CAL Moving and Storage, the company headed by Gary Ratliff is listed as Southern California Moving and Storage on the CMSA website:

Company: Southern California Moving & Storage
Email: gary.southerncal@sbcglobal.net
Van Line: National Van Lines
Phone: (951)520-8800
Warehouse: 10000
Alt Phone: (800)475-5427
Fax: (951)520-882205
Address: 25252 Via Piedra Blanca
City: Laguna Niguel
State: CA
Zip: 92677
County: Orange

Now I am REALLY confused. Also, I can't find the company listed in the CA Corporations database, or on the BBB. It IS listed on www.safersys.org., but under its legal name (Southern Cal Third Party, Inc.) with MC #539809. It is licensed to do interstate moves.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:38 pm

If it helps, Gary's email is the same as Jim's with the name exception.

This same company is incorporated under Southern Cal Third Party as well.
http://kepler.ss.ca.gov/corpdata/ShowAl ... r=C2330759

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:00 pm

That link says the Southern Cal Third Party Inc's status is Suspended.

Return to “Open Community”