I hope someone can unconfuse me!!!

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Diane

Re: I hope someone can unconfuse me!!!

Postby Diane » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:11 pm

Guest, are you talking about the W.B. Meyer (United) in Connecticut? Why was a company in CT moving you from PA? Or was there a different company in PA that actually booked the move and a driver from W.B. Meyer was the hauler? Please clarify.

Fred0844

Postby Fred0844 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:36 pm

This is a corporate move. WB Meyer could have the contract to move this companies employees to and from any point. (I have moved a WB Meyer account from Boston to Toronto). Also, depending on where in PA and NJ you are located, you cold be talking a move of less than 500 miles which could be mandatory self haul.

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:00 pm

OK, thanks. So if this was a self-haul, W.B. Meyer would have provided the truck and driver (and the drunken crew).
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Fred0844

Postby Fred0844 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:14 pm

More than likely, a driver and one or two regular helpers from WB Meyers, the others might have been "lot" helpers. (depending on the date, might have been the only labour he could get and is probably regretting it).

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:56 pm

Hi Tim,

What is the answer to the persons question regarding BE or ABF paying for referrals?

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:00 pm

It's there for everyone to read:
In the interest of full disclosure:- MovingScam is receiving a referral fee from ABF for every move with ABF that is booked from this website. For a long time, Tim Walker (founder of the website) resisted taking such referral fees, but it became obvious that consumers' voluntary donations would never cover the costs involved in running the website. We hope that readers will understand that we would never enter into such arrangements with any company that we were not completely convinced was ethical. The other companies that MovingScam is receiving referral fees from are Broadway Express, the international moving companies recommended on the International Moves sticky, the full-service mover Moovers, Inc., and the auto transporters Coast to Coast Auto Transport and Golden Key Express.

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2050

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:45 am

Anonymous wrote:Thanks again, This is a great site, I seem to be thanking a lot of people for their help!!

I will probably go into intransit storage and was just wondering if any of the loading into storage and out later in the year would be negotiable, especially since I will probably be moving out of storage later in the year.

Any comments about Graebel Movers, WB Meyer United or Fallon Mayflower for service and performance?

I was leaning toward Graebel since he would give me a NTE binding estimate even though he was 4400 lbs over Fallon and 3000lbs over Meyer figuring that the true weight would be all I would pay for. Is there a flaw to my thinking on this? The other choice would be to pick theMayflower NTE estimate and if the weight and packing was more they would eat it not me. Which is the proper way to approach this to be fair to everyone? I just am a little afraid that if I go with a higher NTE binding bid I can't control the actual weight or how they go about packing and could be taken advantage of. Again any comments would be appreciated.

I did use Graebel for an earlier company move including storage and they did a good job, good service and very few issues with scratches.

<removed offensive language>

Return to “Open Community”