FLA Moving Association

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
TanKatLuvr

FLA Moving Association

Postby TanKatLuvr » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:11 pm

Many thanks to the poster that referred me to this association. I called them and got a few referrals that are coming across a lot more reputable.

Mom got a quote from Daniel Moving Systems, Inc and Atlas Van Lines Agen 1907 and got a quote of $1600 from Homestead to Orlando. That is about $300 less than the others and they didn't ask for any deposit up front.

Another mover she got a quote from (but not referred by association) was Rapid movers. I hope this all turns out well.

Diane

Re: FLA Moving Association

Postby Diane » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:59 pm

Hi - I am actually the one who pointed you to the FL association. I'm glad that they were willing to recommend companies, because we have been wondering about that. Could you possibly post the full name and location of each company that the association recommended to you? For example I can't identify the Atlas agent just from its agent number. This would help others in the future. Thank you so much!

TanKatLuvr

Postby TanKatLuvr » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

The Atlas agent is Daniel Moving Systems located at 5600 NW 32 Ave, Miami FL 33142 (305) 635-3008 or 800-666-0013 and Raul is the contact. Very nice man.

I will look up the others and post them tomorrow for you. It is finally a relief to deal with someone and not be so paranoid.

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:28 pm

OK, I can identify the company now. Its HQ is actually in Atlanta and I will keep it in mind. Its website is www.danielmovingsystems.com and I've already added it to my summary post on FL movers. Please do post the other names when you have them. This helps a lot. And, for others, the moving association being referred to is the Florida Movers and Warehousemen's Association in Tallahassee (850-222-6000).

mseeler

Postby mseeler » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:18 pm

Hi Diane,

Just wanted to let you know that through this website and your great work, I decided to use Daniel Moving Systems/Atlas for my move from Miami to Atlanta. My contact was Raul (as stated in one of the previous notes) and my entire experience was smooth as can be. Raul is an absolute pleasure to work with, and the movers were a delight. The move took 3 days, they arrived on time each visit. Not a penny more was charged. Everything arrived safely. I can't epress how charming and nice the movers were. So, I hight recommend Daniels Movning System to anyone leaving the Miami area. Thanks again!

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:18 pm

Wow - it's so great to read this! I've added your good review of Daniel to the Superlist linked to below. Thanks!
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”