Portland OR to Jackson MS

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
OR-MS

Portland OR to Jackson MS

Postby OR-MS » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:35 pm

I am so thankful that i found this website. I am needing to move all my stuff from OR to MS. I have gotten emails from a whole lot of moving companies. Thanks to this website, I found out that ALL of the emails that i've gotten were from scammers. I am so glad that i found that out sooner. However, I am back to square one. Does anyone know of a reputable company who would pack and ship my items to from OR-MS?

Diane

Re: Portland OR to Jackson MS

Postby Diane » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:43 pm

Hi - there's a little bit of info on Oregon movers here:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 7109#77109

My advice is to get a quote from a reliable company like Chipman (United) and then if the price is too high for you, consider using the freight company Broadway Express or ABF U-Pack and a local company like Power Movers to load.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

az ops man

Postby az ops man » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:03 pm

Swartz Moving and Storage-United Van Lines is a good agent. I have used them quite a bit over the years.

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:09 pm

az ops,

Are you associated with a particular UniGroup agent in AZ? I would like to add your positive comment about Swartz to my Superlist and will mention your affiliation if you like. Also, are you referring to the Portland location of Swartz specifically?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:28 pm

Az Ops is with a Mayflower agent, Sullivan.

OR-MS

Postby OR-MS » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:34 pm

I am very greatful for all the info. I have emailed y'alls recomendations and i'm waiting for a reply from all of them. Thanks and i'll keep y'all posted.

az ops man

Postby az ops man » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:49 pm

That is correct I am with Sullivan Mayflower and have been in the Unigroup system for 14 years. 13 years with one United agent and 1 year now with Sullivan mayflower, however Sullivan also has 2 United agents in San Diego.

Return to “Open Community”