Need advice about moving from Iowa to Missouri

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Re: Need advice about moving from Iowa to Missouri

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:55 am

Diane wrote:Your need for auto transport makes this kind of a special case. I would try calling Hemmen, as I said. Or, Broadway Express might be willing to do it, even though your move is much shorter than they usually do. You should definitely ask them.

With BE, the number of linear feet needed for the car would be about 17 (measure how long your car is). Then, if you have 4000 pounds of household goods you would need about another 9 feet for them. BUT, some of them could be put on a platform above the car to save money. Assuming that you would need about 22 feet total rather than 26, BE would charge you $1925 for transportation charges. You would have piles of money left over to hire people (including the driver) to help you load and unload and for your other expenses. Your car would arrive safely at the same time as your household goods, and delivery would be very quick, probably the next day after you load.

Thanks. United Line gave us a quote of $1544.79. But it seems that the guy who contacted us is from Lint Van Lines. Are they the same company? Thanks.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:19 pm

Yes - Lint is a United agent. See the link to the Superlist below. My only concern is that I'm pretty sure that quote didn't include transporting your car in the same van. Again - I would try calling Broadway Express because if they could transport both the car and the household goods in the same van it would greatly simplify your move. That's my best advice. Good luck!
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:26 am

Diane wrote:Yes - Lint is a United agent. See the link to the Superlist below. My only concern is that I'm pretty sure that quote didn't include transporting your car in the same van. Again - I would try calling Broadway Express because if they could transport both the car and the household goods in the same van it would greatly simplify your move. That's my best advice. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. Contacted with Broadway Express, they gave us a quote of $910 for moving without car. They estimated for 10 FEET. The car will cost about the same for the length. By the way, I have to load and unload by myself. Will think about that. Thanks for the advice.

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:29 am

Last question! You guys have been great.

NorthAmerican did us an estimate and the final price is 2444.33 including everything and the car. Are they good and trustworthy?

Thanks.

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:30 am

Forgot to mention that their agent is Beltman Group, Inc. Thanks again.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:01 pm

They are reputable and should do a good job. Make sure that the car is actually going on the van with the household goods. Have them put it in writing.

gold50

Postby gold50 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:46 pm

Thanks very much for your help. United [Lint Van Lines] was super. They arrived early. They are very polite, helpful, courteous, knowingly how to correctly handle the stuff. They record everything that we are moving. The move is very fast. It only took three days for them to arrive. (A heavy snowstorm in Iowa did not even stop them.) When they unloaded the stuff, they check with the list. Nothing is broken. Nothing is missing. What a move! We thank them for the smooth move.

Above all, their price is super. We even include our washer and dryer in the move list. The total is about 1600$. That is more reasonable than 2300$ or $2999.

As for Specialty Mobile Systems, your advise was correct. They are broker and trying to find a mover for us. They told me last day that they could not find a mover close to me. So, they refunded my money. My wife had to drive that car by herself. Not a good way for moving car.

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:33 pm

Thanks for this review. Which branch of Lint Van Lines (which city) did you use? I will also add your report on Specialty Mobile Systems to our auto transporters thread.

gold50

Postby gold50 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:34 pm

Des Moines. thanks.

Return to “Open Community”