National Van Lines

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
movingtoca

National Van Lines

Postby movingtoca » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:55 pm

Has anyone heard of National Van Lines? We are about to move and will probably choose them for a cross country move. I posted elsewhere on this site and haven't heard anything.

Please let me know if you know anything!!!!!

Thank you very much!

consumer advocate

Re: National Van Lines

Postby consumer advocate » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:36 pm

I'm showing a National Van Lines located in Illinois. Is that the company you're referring to? It would help to know where you're moving from and to and how you chose this company. Were they in your local phone book or did you sign up on one of those internet sites that matches you up with a mover?

movingtoca

Postby movingtoca » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:50 pm

Yes- You have the right company. Originally we were matched by an internet site, but they are competitive vs. the bigger names. We are moving from CT to CA. They are willing to bind their rates and the owner is very personable of the local operator. (Vanguard in Norwalk, CT).

Anybody know anything about them? It would be great to get a review which I am finding extremely hard to find.

Thanks!

Ruges

Postby Ruges » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:10 am

If it is National Van Lines and not some name knock off. I know a couple of very good drivers who went over there. And the stories they are telling me about how high the company view's quality are pretty good.
Ruges

Rick

Postby Rick » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:34 am

National Van Lines http://www.nationalvanlines.com and its forwarding company, National Forwarding, are both well run mid-sized, family owned, privately held companies based in Broadview, IL. The current management has years of experience and are very active within the industry.

Vanguard has been active in Connecticut for years. Although they are a National agent, the owner has his own interstate operating authority has David Anton, Inc. (DOT #: 1280534; MC #: 498332). Looking at their SafeStat scores, however, they are either very safety conscious or have shelved their authority.

movingtoca

Postby movingtoca » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:46 am

Thank you very much. This is very helpful. I have to say I am a bit skeptical though because I haven't heard or seen anything on these boards or anywhere else on the internet about them--- either positive or negative.

FredMc

Postby FredMc » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:46 am

OK, a little update/help here...anyone? We are familiar with Vanguard in CT - we've had decent results with them for local stuff, but I'm wondering about National Van Lines for a long distance job. Anybody have any recent stories to share?

Thanks,

Fred

movingtoca

Postby movingtoca » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:34 am

I had a very positive experience with them with a move to CA from CT. The guy was a few days late getting to CA, but called with a reasonable excuse. He kept us in the loop at all times.

FredMc

Postby FredMc » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:54 am

Great! Thanks for the quick response.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:05 pm

movingtoca,

Thanks for coming back to update us on your move. I added your comments to my Superlist linked to below.

With these smaller van lines like National, goods can sometimes take a while to cross the country waiting for a driver to transport them. However, a National driver (Lane Olson) who went over from North American has posted good things about that van line on www.householddrivers.com - such as the fact that National's management treats drivers well and seems to really care about them.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

FredMc

Postby FredMc » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:43 am

Hi Diane,
Can't see Lane Olsen's comments - can you please paste in here?

Thanks!

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:49 am

This has to do with the National Van Lines convention in October 2005:
puzzle engineer wrote: 10/3/05 - Everyone from National seemed to make it thier JOB to make me feel part of the family. I cannot say thank you enough to those people!! It has been a long time since that many people made an effort to make someone feel welcome, and I witnessed this with other drivers. I felt they wanted every one of us there to participate. 3 people went out of their way to make sure I got a ride back to National HQ on 2 nights because they already had transportation arranged for employees, it was their opinion that I should catch a ride (once on a trolley, and once in a limo) back to HQ instead of paying the $30 for the taxi, which I had planned on doing. Thank you...it's only $30 and a cab, but I was made to fell part of the family and friends and it is and was very much appreciated!

I met many agents from all over the country, and look forward to working with them in the future.

It was a very nice gathering of drivers as well. Some old friends, and some long lost friends in attendance, along with some new ones.

During the presentations of the various awards, there was more than one reference of thanks to the drivers...yep the DRIVERS!!! I am glad I attended and it is amazing how welcome I felt.

Thanks to some very special people!

Lane Olson - http://householddrivers.com/PHP-Nuke/mo ... topic&t=73

He has posted other positive comments elsewhere. For example, he said that when his father (a moving company owner) was ill, the National Van Lines management really seemed to care about him.

FredMc

Postby FredMc » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:45 am

Thanks Diane - kinda nice to know in this day & age.

Return to “Open Community”