Armstrong Relocation - New Orleans

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
kboushie

Armstrong Relocation - New Orleans

Postby kboushie » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:51 pm

I've asked for moving recommendations for a New Orleans to NYC move in another thread.
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13488

I've got a company coming over for an estimate called Armstrong Relocation, which I pulled from this list:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 7636#57636

Armstrong is a United agent.

I emailed the Baton Rouge office, and they forwarded me to the New Orleans office. I looked up the company on SaferSys and the BBB and I can only find a listing for the Baton Rouge office. Should I be worried about this?

Also, when I look at their SaferSys profile, it looks virtually empty. No X's anywhere (no "auth for hire", "intrastate" or "interstate", household goods, nothing!) There are no inspections listed, and there is no insurance record.

They are a BBB company since '05, and have 2 complaints on file.

Help interpreting this would be great. Thanks!

kboushie

Re: Armstrong Relocation - LA

Postby kboushie » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:02 pm

P.S. I contacted Armstrong because Moving Scam's LA list says a moving co. that went out of business (PaulK's) recommended them.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:21 pm

Armstrong is a United agent and uses United interstate operating authority. This is true for all agents of major van lines and it's nothing to worry about.

Jay

Postby Jay » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:20 am

The agent in New Orleans is relatively new, its Post-Katrina. (I work for Armstrong so I may be a little biased)

Most of the agents in the great New Orleans area were destroyed or closed shop due to the lack of business after Katrina.

Armstrong opened up shop and the business there has exploded.

They are a really good agent. Some of the people from the Baton Rouge agent went to New Orleans to assist in opening.

The best thing about the Armstrong agent there is that they or another Armstrong agent will haul your goods. They dont rely on other agents or moving companies to haul their shipment.

Any other questions? PM me.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:23 am

Jay - so are you saying that Armstrong self-hauls 100% of what it books, even if the destination is in the Northeast, for example, where it has no offices? If so, that is a big plus in my mind.

Jay

Postby Jay » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:58 pm

Well, I wouldnt say 100%. A shipment headed to North Dakota or a small shipment might be shipped by another United agent.

I think the statistic is more like 97.6% of Armstrong booked shipments are hauled by Armstrong drivers, which is high regardless.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:02 pm

How many drivers does Armstrong have nationwide, do you know, Jay? I am trying to collect information for the Superlist.

Are those drivers rated in some way, such as by number 1-2-3 or whatever? If so, what number is the highest rating?

Jay

Postby Jay » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:56 pm

Hmmm...I am not sure Diane.

We are the largest UVL agent in the system (been that way for over 20 years.)

I think at this point there are 22 Armstrong agents nationwide.

Atlanta, Baton Rouge, Birmingham, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Chicago, Cleveland/Akron, Dallas, Houston, Huntsville, Jackson, Knoxville, Louisville, Memphis, Miami, Montgomery, Nashville, New Orleans, Oklahoma City, Orlando, Raleigh, Tulsa

Thats all of them.

My agent in Raleigh has 12 full time UVL qualified drivers alone. There are literally hundreds of Armstrong drivers out there.

Drivers are ranked on a 1-5 scale (UVLwide) with 1 being the highest.

5 means that they have terrible claims, terrible on time % and terrible logs. They wont stay a UVL driver if the dont get their 5 status up.

Hope that answers your questions.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:44 pm

Thanks. It seems to me as if Berger (Allied) and Armstrong must be approximately the same size - not sure.

kboushie

Re: Armstrong Relocation - New Orleans

Postby kboushie » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:13 pm

Well, the gentleman who came to do my in-home estimate yesterday was really nice. I was supposed to get a follow-up email quote today, but it hasn't come yet. I'll keep y'all updated:)

PMueller

Postby PMueller » Wed May 02, 2007 9:07 pm

I too am most likely biased as I work for Armstrong in Orlando.

I met some of the New Orleans sales team in Memphis this past December, they are indeed an asset to the area and I am confident they would service you well. If the rep indicated they would be self hauling the shipment - then most likely they will.

To confirm what Jay has indicated, Armstrong definitely hauls at least 97% of their shipments booked. Armstrong was awarded the largest hauler award from United for the year of 2006 and seems to be well on it's way to receiving the award again for 2007.

Jay wrote:Atlanta, Baton Rouge, Birmingham, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Chicago, Cleveland/Akron, Dallas, Houston, Huntsville, Jackson, Knoxville, Louisville, Memphis, Miami, Montgomery, Nashville, New Orleans, Oklahoma City, Orlando, Raleigh, Tulsa.

Let's not forget the addition of Denver, CO!
"Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong."

Return to “Open Community”