**Any suggestions on choosing mover from CA to TX?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Relo

**Any suggestions on choosing mover from CA to TX?

Postby Relo » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:36 pm

Greetings,

I would really appreciate if anyone can share their experiences with the movers they used from CA to TX.

Thank you in advance for you responses.

Best Wishes

MusicMom

Re: Any suggestions on choosing mover from CA to TX?

Postby MusicMom » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:01 pm

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 7565#57565

That is the first of seven (scroll for the others) posts compiling reviews and comments on CA movers.

Relo

Postby Relo » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:03 am

Hi,

Thank you again for your response. I think we will go by the footage since we don't want to pay too much by the weight. So far, we are considering Broadway Express. I will update my progress if I have any changes. I'm really glad that we were recommended to this website.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:05 am

You can only use Linear Footage measurements if you are using a "you-pack-it-we-drive-it" type company, like BE, which are in actuality freight hauling companies, not moving companies.

Full-service movers, like those listed in the CA Movers Reviews link I posted above, can ONLY go by weight measurements, because by law they have to prove to you how much your load weighed and thus how they arrived at that bill amount.

happymover

Postby happymover » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:37 am

I just moved from Los angeles to New York with NMS (thanks to a positive post on movingscam.com). The truck made a few stops across the country, I'm sure they'd go to TX. It was a fantastic experience. I used NMS in Oxnard. John was straightforward, clear and nice. NMS uses their own drivers (agent Atlas) to go cross-country. Steve, the driver was very nice, gave me his cell phone number and told me to call whenever I wanted. My stuff was treated with care and it was nice to see it exactly as it was loaded in the truck at the other end. In other words, it was not moved or touched from the time I saw it loaded to the time I saw it unloaded. Never did a sketchy feeling come from them. Believe me, I was looking for sketchiness. Can't say enough good things about NMS. Simply great. Highly recommended. They are at http://www.nmsmoving.com/.

Relo

Postby Relo » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:05 pm

Hi Music Mom,

I'm sorry that I haven't checked this site for sometimes as busy with packing and moving stuffs.

Thank you for posting the list of CA Movers, we had several of them came and gave us the estimate.

As for now, Piedmont Moving Systemes (San Jose) - Mayflower agent gives us the best quote. However, I saw some not good review on Mayflower. I wonder what you think about Mayflower.

The second best quote is from Crown Worldwide (San Leandro) - United agent.

I understand that United and Mayflower merge. So which one do you think has better reputation?

Thank you again for the reply. I'm really glad that I found this website.

Relo

Postby Relo » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:10 pm

Hi happymover,

Thank you for your recommendation.

I was so busy with packing and stuffs and just got a chance to check the site today. It's kind of too late for us to get estimate from another new mover as we've to decide by Monday. (our move is less than 2 weeks).
Thanks again.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:01 pm

Relo,

I think you will be fine with Piedmont. As stated before, a Mayflower or United driver will probably actually move you. Please come back to report so we can build up our database. Good luck!
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Relo

Postby Relo » Fri May 04, 2007 10:54 am

Hi everyone,

Sorry that it took me quite a while to post my experience with Piedmont moving services.

Everything was going quite smooth considering if we were flexible.

Piedmont called us the day before the pick up saying that someone was under estimated, thus, they had taken up our space. They said that they won't be able to pick up until the evening. However, we insisted that everything had been scheduled. Anyway, they got us shuttle at no charge that arrive at 2 p.m (we were scheduled 8-9 a.m but well, it's better than evening). My suggestion is please consider about your flexibility when schedule about pick up time. I saw someone posted that, but didn't put it in consideration thinking that Piedmont will be on time.

Picked up from Belmont, CA went smoothly. There were 3 people (including driver). They took 2 hours to blanket wrapped big furniture, boxed mattress and load stuffs that I packed myself (1 bedroom apt).

As for the transit time, they picked up on 6 put them in their warehouse and delivered on 9 (since they don't have any other available trucks going to Texas until this date). It arrived Mckinney, Texas on 17.
it took a while. However, we brought everything that we need with us, so we were fine.

The day before it arrived, the driver called and said they will be here at 8:30 a.m. They showed up earlier at 8 a.m with United truck. Well, we didn't care whether it was Mayflower or United since they merged and as long as our stuffs are here. This time, they were four of them (including driver). It took less than an hour for them to unload. Amazing! They did make a small chip on the door, but no big deal for us since the builder is going to fix it. Beside that, everything else went smoothly.

Our stuffs were fine. Nothing broken. They did tear apart our dining table legs but they put it back.

To summarize, we were pretty satisfied considering we were a little bid flexible on the time of pick up and the time frame of delivery. Well, Piedmont gave us the lowest quote with "Not to Exceed" and they even gave us credit back since our weight is less than quote. Thanks to Gene who were so thoroughly when taking note on our inventories.
Thus, I would recommend Piedmont moving service if you are flexible, and looking for promising quote.

Sorry that I have LONG review. just want to give as much detail as I can. I hope this can help someone who is looking for mover out from bay area California.
GOOD LUCK on your move!

Diane

Re: **Any suggestions on choosing mover from CA to TX?

Postby Diane » Fri May 04, 2007 2:40 pm

Thanks for this good review, which I posted in the Superlist linked to below.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”