Hall-Lane (United) - Wonderful Movers!

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Tooter4Kids

Hall-Lane (United) - Wonderful Movers!

Postby Tooter4Kids » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:45 pm

:D Well, I just moved from Long Island, New York to Wake Forest, North Carolina. Because of this forum, I have had a wonderful, stress free move. It was recommeded that we isnterview Hall -Lane of Commack. (United) Alex our salesman was charming and his estimate seemed high compared to those of the other 2 companies. But, every truck needs to be weighed so we went with him. The other companies low-balled us.

The movers came...earlier than they said! A driver, who would bring the boxes and furniture down along with 3 other men. They moved us very carefully and without incident. Everyone was warm and friendly. We even bonded with one young man, Chris, who will be student teaching in the fall. He also, was going down with the driver to NC.

Arrival day was as stated and they moved us in without any problems. I had 436 peieces! Nothing was lost or damaged.

I feel I was so lucky and hope that you will use them when the time comes to move.

Thank you for helping my husband and I make a stressful time less stressful.

Susan
Wake Forest, NC

Diane

Re: Hall-Lane (United) - Wonderful Movers!

Postby Diane » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:36 pm

Susan, I'm glad that this forum helped you and that Hall-Lane did such a fine job. That's what we like to hear! A good company doing a self-haul is a recipe for success. I'm changing the title of this thread to indicate to people coming along later what it's about.

Just so people can see what led up to your decision to go with Hall-Lane, here are your other threads:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7837
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7897
You posted previously that Nassau's estimated weight was 13,000 lbs. and Astro-Allied's was 15,500 and Hall-Lane's was 19,000. If you see this, what was the actual weight of the shipment?
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Mov1

Postby Mov1 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:51 am

Tooter4Kids wrote::D Well, I just moved from Long Island, New York to Wake Forest, North Carolina. Because of this forum, I have had a wonderful, stress free move. It was recommeded that we isnterview Hall -Lane of Commack. (United) Alex our salesman was charming and his estimate seemed high compared to those of the other 2 companies. But, every truck needs to be weighed so we went with him. The other companies low-balled us.

The movers came...earlier than they said! A driver, who would bring the boxes and furniture down along with 3 other men. They moved us very carefully and without incident. Everyone was warm and friendly. We even bonded with one young man, Chris, who will be student teaching in the fall. He also, was going down with the driver to NC.

Arrival day was as stated and they moved us in without any problems. I had 436 peieces! Nothing was lost or damaged.

I feel I was so lucky and hope that you will use them when the time comes to move.

Thank you for helping my husband and I make a stressful time less stressful.

Susan
Wake Forest, NC

Great review and comments. But must importantly you USED A REAL BRICKS AND MORTAR MOVER. You commented that the estimate seemed high but they delivered on service. So the company that was not the CHEAPEST MOVER was the best value.
Good luck to you in your new home and tell others the story of buy the BEST VALUE.

clairedei

Postby clairedei » Wed May 23, 2007 11:04 pm

I just used Hall -Lane from Commack, NY and I strongly advise to stay away from these people. They damaged about 90 percent of my furniture and when my husband and I complained, one of the movers became violent and started using very foul language.

These people are dangerous! Steer clear!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu May 24, 2007 7:30 am

Did you talk to anyone about this treatment? United HQ? Was there a claim paid out for your damage?

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Thu May 24, 2007 8:10 am

90%? I've seen trucks roll over that did not damage 90%.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Thu May 24, 2007 8:30 am

You can't judge a company by the actions of one crew. The way your opinion should be formed is what they did AFTER you complained.

Good companies don't allow bad crews to keep working without disciplinary or corrective action.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Thu May 24, 2007 2:04 pm

We use Hall-Lane for all our work in the NYC exclusively, and have never had a single problem, in fact they have saved our bacon quite a few times, I recommend them unconditionally......there are 2 sides to every moving story.

Return to “Open Community”