I moved with this company "ASAP RELOCATIONS"

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
cassy

I moved with this company "ASAP RELOCATIONS"

Postby cassy » Thu May 31, 2007 7:06 pm

I had no trouble with them. They were very nice, on time and were very efficient.
I find that only people that don't get what they want complain. Every one else that is happy with this company never think of placing comments about on the internet.
It's only the people that are spiteful and revengeful that make time to complain.

I decided to place this comment because when I researched the company before i moved with them. I was pretty discouraged to use them because of all the complaints.
But since I had a good experience with them. I can say these things.
This company is great and will definately use them again and refer them to my friends and family.
The price was reasonable considering that my property came to me in one peice and nothing was damaged or missing.

farrah7031

Re: I moved with this company "ASAP RELOCATIONS"

Postby farrah7031 » Thu May 31, 2007 9:00 pm

Can you tell us where you moved to/from? How much weight it was and how long it took to deliver?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:56 am

"Spiteful and revengeful"? Grammar aside, you think that people who are treated poorly by any one person or company do not have a right to voice their unhappiness? Is it wrong to expect an uneventful move performed by a company that keeps its promises?

If you did indeed move with them, which you can easily prove by providing Farrah with the answers to her questions, than you are very lucky. To this date, the BBB has the following to say about ASAP Relocation's Customer Experiences:
Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to a pattern of complaints and has failed to correct the underlying reason for the complaints. Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to a volume & pattern of complaints concerning Service & Delivery Issues.

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

The Bureau processed a total of 98 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 98 complaints closed in 36 months, 29 were closed in the last year.

So let's take the BBB's advice and take into account ASAP Relocation's size and volume of transactions, and compare it to a company with a similar number of complaints.

ASAP Relocations owns 5 trucks and employs 8 drivers, according to information they gave the DOT on their MCS-150 Form on May 25, 2007. They also claimed they drove 120,000 miles in the year 2003, which was their first year and is almost certainly a higher number by now.

Compare those numbers to a company with a similar number of BBB complaints, United Van Lines. United received a very close number of BBB complaints, 102 in three years, 35 of which are from this year. Now to see how that compares in volume to ASAP's operations, United's DOT information shows 7,944 trucks and 5,837 drivers.

How is it that a company of ASAP's small size has almost matched the number of complaints of a company almost 1600 times bigger?

Just for equality, let's see how a similarly-sized company matches up to ASAP's number of complaints. I scrolled down the Superlist of Movers and checked independant movers until I found one that also had 5 trucks. "All The Way with Bill Vernay" (AKA Vernay Moving Systems in Cape Coral, FL: 0 BBB complaints in 3 years. I don't really ahve time now to look at more, but I will also add that moovers In, another independant in CA, has 11 trucks and 0 BBB complaints.

So you're saying that this entire website is written on by spiteful people, when it is blatantly obvious that ASAP Relocations just sucks in comparison to most other movers.

OK, now we'll leave it in your court to prove you moved with them. Your review needs more details to be beleivable. If you were discouraged about them because of all the bad comments you've read, then WHY oh why did you ever decide to use them? That's not very smart.

Auri

Postby Auri » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:15 am

While I disagree that people who post here or post anywhere are "spiteful" or "vengeful", I understand the sentiment you are trying to get across.

Generally, people don't come online if their move was awesome. They are happy and so have no reason to look at websites of moving reviews. Most people who come to sites like these come to complain about whatever ailed them in their service. This applies to any industry in the world. It's a shame that people don't come onto here to praise a moving company for quality service more often.

There's a reason people don't post positive reviews here more often. If they are looking at a site called Moving Scam...it's probably because they had a problem with their move. Or are doing research on an upcoming move.
Industry Professional in Chicago

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:34 am

Right, Auri.

Many of the good reviews we have here are from people who originally came here to research a mover who had already found them through the internet, or from people who heard about MovingScam from one of many articles, and wanted to do research. Once they had gotten the advice they needed to locate a good mover, they moved, and reported back to us how it went, and we add it to the Superlist for future reference of even more people who come to us in the same fashions. It's an ever-growing spiral upwards and outwards.

Now when people come out of the blue saying that they had a superlative move with a company known for problems with no specific details given about the move itself, and are hostile, defensive, and protective of their movers, in our experience these are usually people involved with the moving company itself trying to pull a fast one, especially if this is within days of a recurring discussion on another thread with a customer about their problems. Movers monitor this site for comments about themselves. I will admit being wrong if it turns out as such, but experience is on my side.
Last edited by MusicMom on Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:40 am

"All the way with Bill Varnay" ?? He stole that catch phrase from a defunct mover, Von Der Ahe, from the St. Louis area...." All the way, with Von Der Ahe" Someday I'm gonna compile a list of now defunct movers, that once were well known and respected, the list would be large.....And about 98% of them were honest, hard working family businesses that would still be here if not for the internet and Jimmy Carter.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:42 am

I think there must be some used car lots out there with similar names as well.

LooneyOne

Postby LooneyOne » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:54 pm

cassy wrote:I had no trouble with them. They were very nice, on time and were very efficient.
I find that only people that don't get what they want complain. Every one else that is happy with this company never think of placing comments about on the internet.
It's only the people that are spiteful and revengeful that make time to complain.

I decided to place this comment because when I researched the company before i moved with them. I was pretty discouraged to use them because of all the complaints.
But since I had a good experience with them. I can say these things.
This company is great and will definately use them again and refer them to my friends and family.
The price was reasonable considering that my property came to me in one peice and nothing was damaged or missing.

Well, good for you...maybe you got lucky..it seems so...but does 1 good move mean that the company is reputable and gives good service? I think not...what about the many who have shared on this company not being so reputable? does your post discount or invalidate their comments and experiences? Even you have to admit you got lucky, after all you said that you we're discouraged by all of the complaints about them...yet you STILL used them...

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:25 am

I notice this person has not yet come back to explain the rest of her move. Again, typical for a company employee writing a fake good review.

Return to “Report A Scam”