**feedback on Beavex in CT?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
leavingnewhaven

**feedback on Beavex in CT?

Postby leavingnewhaven » Sat May 12, 2007 2:45 pm

anyone who has used Beavex in North Haven, CT before? I got a quote for ~$ 1900 for 4000 lb minimum. does this seem reasonable for a move from New Haven to Boston?

Thanks!

MusicMom

Re: feedback on Beavex in CT?

Postby MusicMom » Sat May 12, 2007 7:24 pm

No complaints that I can find.

I went back to see what previous comments were on this site, and the oldest thread never actually went beyond asking about them but getting sidetracked by a fake review from the other mover being asked about.

The newer thread listed Beaxex's website, and I had commented on my confusion at the site. I must say, I am STILL confused. They are going so overboard wih their business-speak that it doesn't appear to actually say they are a moving company, they "give our customers the information they need to manage their transportation networks." There are other services offered besides transportation.

How do you feel about them? Was their estimator knowledgeable when s/he came to your house?

omuraji

Postby omuraji » Wed May 16, 2007 12:32 pm

We used Beavex about 6 years ago for a very local move (just a couple of blocks), and they were fine; they pretty quickly repaired a damaged crib.

We just had them in today for an interstate move next month. Same guy from six years ago, now the President (or maybe he was back then, too), who remembered me. This time, however, we have a lot more stuff, and he quoted me about $5600 for a partial pack of 10,000 lbs. Any thoughts on that price? He was also very helpful, pointing me out to this site.

Before that, we got a very low poundage quote from All My Sons/Bekins/True Van Lines. Any thoughts on them? Thanks.

omuraji

Postby omuraji » Wed May 16, 2007 12:33 pm

Music Mom, I forgot to mention--Beavex's website is actually www.beavexmoving.com *not* www.beavex.com which looks like a document delivery service.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Wed May 16, 2007 1:07 pm

Do NOT use All My Sons/Bekins. We have NUMEROUS complaints around the country about them. Click on Search at the top of the page and type "All My Sons" (in quotes) to see what's been said about them.

omuraji

Postby omuraji » Wed May 16, 2007 1:20 pm

Many thanks, Farrah7031, they seemed a little shady, and to be honest, I can't remember why I even contacted them. I've also called Joyce (in CT), and will have a quote from them tomorrow.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed May 16, 2007 2:39 pm

Now THAT website looks much better! :wink:

omuraji

Postby omuraji » Thu May 17, 2007 8:31 am

Are you all still negative on Beavex for long-distance (in this case, to Maryland) moves? I didn't see anything on the Moving Company Reviews page, although the fact that they've been licensed for interstate moves only since 11/05 is an issue.

Joyce Movers seems to get good reviews--any thoughts? Many thanks!

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu May 17, 2007 10:09 am

I'll add Beavex to the Superlist, referencing this thread and your good review of your local move. I don't know anything about it personally, but I'd say that it's a good sign that the same person is still running it who was there six years ago.

As far as I know, Joyce is OK. It might also be worth giving a call to Town & Country, an independent mover in MD with excellent reviews here, on the chance they might be looking for return loads to MD. They are licensed to do interstate moves. See the Superlist linked to below my name.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu May 17, 2007 12:56 pm

We're not negative on them.

As a side note, Diane, a person affiliated with Paul Arpin, of which Beavex is an agent, wrote to me and said that Beavex is generally well-respected within the company.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu May 17, 2007 2:13 pm

Thanks. I'll add that it's an Arpin agent - it doesn't say that on the Beavex website.

leavingnewhaven

Postby leavingnewhaven » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:18 pm

I moved a few weeks ago with Beavex and they were excellent. The movers were very friendly, responsible and efficient. They arrived on time, and I had no problems with them. The estimate was accurate and they even kept the price the same for a few extra hundred pounds over. Note: There was a minimum of 4000 lb limit for this interstate move.

Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:36 pm

Thanks for this review, which I just added to the Superlist.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

maqart

Postby maqart » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:49 pm

I had a GREAT local move with Beavex Feb 2010 , moving my elderly parents to a retirement community apartment within their town. Beavex personnel were skilled, on time, pleasant, careful and VERY fast. Packing was done the day before, all Beavex packed items travelled perfectly. Beavex crew placed furniture as directed including assembling a large multi part bookcase unit, and managed to get more into a storage locker than I would have ever imagined possible. Final bill was LESS than the estimate. I have never had such a positive moving experience and recommend Beavex to anyone with a local move, and I will try them if I ever move out of state.
Maqart

Return to “Open Community”