Moving from OR to CA, any company suggestions?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
eiffel

Moving from OR to CA, any company suggestions?

Postby eiffel » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:09 am

Hi, I moved from CA to OR 3 years ago and had a terrible experience with A-Y transport.

Now I'm ready to move back to CA from OR and I would like to know if anyone knows a full service company who they recommend. I have a 1 BD apt and I'm moving into a 3 story house. I have a budget of $5,000 so I should be able to afford any company.

oh BTW, I move date is about a month away.

Many thanks.

MusicMom

Re: Moving from OR to CA, any company suggestions?

Postby MusicMom » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:05 am

What town in Oregon?

When we were waiting on the third day for AY to show up to our house in Portland, we began calling local companies for emergency moves. The local United Van Line agent (sorry, can't remember which one it was, but we were on the Southeast side, if that helps narrow it down) was willing to come out and help us, but the we stupidly cancelled him because AY showed up at noon. Yes, my butt was black and blue from kicking myself.

So anyway, I'd say start with that United agent, if you're in Portland.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:05 am

Here's the list or reviews in your area:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 7109#77109

Make sure you have someone local come out and do an in home estimate.

Another option is to call Moovers Inc at www.mooversinc.com to see if they have a truck going back to CA during your move.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:24 am

Swartz, of course, is one of the local united agents, and they are a good company, call them. Your budget number should easily get you moved ( you said 1 BR) down the coast....Going down the grapevine is easier than going up.

eiffel

Postby eiffel » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:52 pm

Wow, you guys are great. I gave Moovers, Inc a call but unfortunately they dont have a truck in my vicinity until min July.

I think I'll call Swartz. They're with United Van Lines and hopefully that'll mean they aren't scamers.

Any other suggestions? Thanks! I'll tell you how it turns out.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:56 pm

Yes, Swartz is a United agent, and has been forever....Mike Oneil used to be in sales, ask for him or if he is not available, anybody in sales....better get cracking, they bookup early.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:55 pm

None of the major van lines are "scammers" (United, Mayflower, Allied, Atlas, North American, Wheaton) and would do well with any of them.

Return to “Open Community”