HELP! What options do I have in service delay (Dahill / Mayflower)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
fkhan27

Re: HELP! What options do I have in service delay (Dahill / Mayflower)

Postby fkhan27 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:54 pm

Sorry I did not have time to reply to these gems, especially about the insect up my you know what. Unfortunately I started working, gotta pay the bills.

If you all care my stuff was supposedly loaded on 7/9/07 and I was told it would be delivered on 7/13-7/14.

On the mayflower website you can track your shipment. My stuff began moving on 7/10, then went to upstate NY. Yesterday it was again in NJ about five minutes from my house. And today it is still in NJ in Woodbridge. So there is no chance it will be here on 7/13-7/14.

It appears that this forum is full of movers, not really consumer friendly. Very few people are sympathetic with the prolonged delay of my delivery. If anyone had told me the delay would be this long, I would have done the move myself. If these prolonged delays are so common place the moving company should tell you up front. Mayflower had know about my move for two months, they did not start looking for a driver until the day before they picked up from my house.

I just hope someone who is planning a cross country move reads this and realizes what may possibly happen to them. For all you movers on this website, I will post my complaint on every website I can find, because I think people have a right to know about these pretty common delays. People can make their own decisions about whether to use these companies. It is ashame that as an industry the movers cannot do better then this, and this is allowed to be commonplace.

My total move is about $5000. My current hotel bill for the past 9 days is $1000. Lets see if mayflower pays that as they say will.

PHX Mover

Postby PHX Mover » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:07 pm

Wow, attacking the same movers that were trying to help him. One moving company messed up his order and now suddenly it is "commonplace in the industry." Just like Lee/Archie (not sure which one) said before. Look at the airline industry and try to say that moving companies have a delay problem.
All you can do is try to help, if someone doesn't want the help, then STOP COMPLAINING.

donatsts

Postby donatsts » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:07 am

i still think you were treated horribly. the lack of communication is unforgivable. you should be compensated greatly. and as my company grows i vow never to make promises i cannot keep.it is horrible how the promises are made, and how many people here defend this action, blaming it on the busy season. a mans word is all he has , that should explain who you are dealing with. i dont understand all the rationalizing of this situation. how can so man y professionals not care to keep the standard higher. service stops after the load is loaded, thats bull. if you have a plan for a load and a piec of the plan falls through than everyone else waits, thats bull.
so sorry you had such trouble. its as if there is no way ever a company could think of losing a dime to the needs of one little customer, thats a shame.
good luck anyway. hope somebody makes you whole again
don
don,owner of so cal moving company

fkhan27

Postby fkhan27 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:14 am

Hey PHX Mover,

Havent you guys repeatedly stated that this is the busy season and delays happen. If you look on the internet you will find many people with the same problem I have. Also Mayflower seems to think this is a common problem. So yes this does seem to be a common problem in the moving industry, mostly on cross country moves, and it is treated as status-quo. The feedback that you guys have given me further supports my claim.
I appeciate you all offering me help, but I am more then capable of getting the information myself. Unless of course one of you is the CEO of Mayflower and can actually light a fire under someone to get it moving. Comparing moving your lifes possesions across the country, and it being held for three weeks, does not compare to having a delayed airline flight.
This thread gets enough traffic so I am sure some people are being made aware of my problem and will be disuaded from using this moving company. They will only fix this problem when it affects them financially.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:28 am

FK certainly has a reason to be upset.

FK, are you willing to let Lee help you find out what's going on? Trust me, he is a good guy, and has already helped one person here. Knowing the actual status of your move will help you feel better, and can give you leverage when calling to ask what's going on with your shipment.

It does appear as if this is going overboard, like your shipment being minutes away for several days. There could be a number of reasons, but without looking at the memo notes that Lee's offering, it's all speculation, and will do nothing to alleviate your anger.

PHX Mover

Postby PHX Mover » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:01 am

Now this is just getting dumber by the minute. Don, stop and think for a second. Even you will have problems like this so get off your high horse. If you have all your trucks full and one breaks down, you might not have a choice. For example I just got back from California last night for a move from Phoenix to Burbank. I was yelled at by the customer because they did not have thir keys for the house yet. Not my problem but, they expected me to stay an extra day in California for free to fix their problem. They also wanted a discount because I could not accomodate thier needs precisely. Some poeple get themselves in a sticky situation and expect other to get them out of it. Now, I am not saying that Fk did this to himself but, he refused help from insiders at Mayflower and United making his problems even worse. This website is designed for people to come on here and tell their problems so they can get some solutions. Solutions were offered and he turned them down so knock your crap off. For the most part this is a very honest industry. With 4000 trucks that Mayflower and United have, this will happen once in a while. If the customer refuses the extra help offered then there is no one to blame but themselves.

Michael

Postby Michael » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:48 am

I agree with PHX. Don your a jerk off with no clue based on your remarks.

FK, blame whoever you want. Blame those here if you want. Blame all the movers in the world if you want. Hell blame the Pope because higher powers must be at work purposely screwing up your shipment.

I seriously doubt you would have moved yourself if MAYFLOWER would have said, "I want to bring one thing to your attention. During the summer months we can have service failures such as late deliveries, due to the high volume of moves. But our sole goal is to get you loaded and delivered within the time frame specified on the order for service and bill of lading. If we are not able to do so we do have compensation programs in place we can discuss now or at a later time."

You know what you would have done, cause I do. You would just crossed that estimate off the list until a mover came along that didnt say that. That said they never have those issue's. They would have said what you wanted to hear. And you would have moved with them.

For all we know that could be what happen with Mayflower.

This website has a fine mix of those in the industry, those that were in the industry and those that are not in the industry. No one here said what Mayflower did was right. No one here said you should not be compensated in some manner. No one here said poor Mayflower, what will they do. I do believe the focus was on why it happened and what your options would and could be.

So if you dont appreciate the help that has and is being offered, then stop your belly aching, go spread the gosphel on Mayflower and the hundreds of thousands of followers they have for god sake. Cause I for one am tired of it and this new DON character who seems to have all the answers to how to run a perfect company and not have any service failures what so ever.

Maybe you can call Don, if Don would be so good as to give you his number, and he can make you the promises you want to hear, pick your goods up from Mayflower and get them down to you. Because he is truely the one and only person here trying to help.
:roll:
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:30 pm

This is turning into one big pissing contest. FK, feel free to start a new thread, where no blaming from either side will take place. Lee's offer is still open, contact him if you'd like some answers.

Return to “Open Community”