PA to VA McCollisters (United) vs Shannon (Atlas) - can't decide

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
beachfun

PA to VA McCollisters (United) vs Shannon (Atlas) - can't decide

Postby beachfun » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:25 am

Hello! I just got two quotes for our move from PA to VA. We will be moving into storage until our house is ready. Both quotes were about the same, with the exception of storage. Shannon was about $300 a month and McCollisters is about $600 a month. Big difference! The other thing is that Shannon would keep our stuff at their facility in NJ and McCollisters would keep it in VA. McCollisters is a larger mover but I like that Shannon is family run. Has anyone had experience with either mover? Using Shannon would save us money but I am not sure they have the experience McCollisters does. Thanks for any input!!!

Diane

Re: PA to VA McCollisters (United) vs Shannon (Atlas) - can't decide

Postby Diane » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:47 am

Hello,

Although I think you would be fine with either, if it were my move I think I would go with Shannon for the reasons you mention. The only possible downside is that Shannon might be too busy to deliver your goods immediately when you need them, whereas if the goods are stored at destination this is less of a problem. But if you're not going to need delivery at the height of the busy season, this consideration would be irrelevant.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Michael

Postby Michael » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:30 am

Let me first state that McCollisters isnt exactly kicking down the doors on HHG experience compared to their Commodities experience.

I just check out Shannon's quality scores and they excced 10 of 12 standards and are slightly above Atlas' minim. on the other two.

I have worked for McCollisters and an Atlas agent here in NC. OF the two, I would go with Atlas.

Best of luck,
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

beachfun

Re: PA to VA McCollisters (United) vs Shannon (Atlas) vs Hugh- can't decide

Postby beachfun » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:40 am

Thanks for the feedback so far! Where do I look for those scores you mentioned?
Funny thing is that I also had an appt. set up with Hughes / American Way / Preimier Transfer. (Mayflower). Not sure why they have so many names. Anyway, they had to cancel, change times, etc. So after getting the other two estimates, I decided not to have them come out today, but they showed up anyway. It will be interesting to see what their quote is.
Thanks!!

Michael

Postby Michael » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:50 am

beachfun,

First let me correct myself, they are slightly below on two standards, not above. But still 10 out of 12.

Second, you cant find these scores. Only those working for Atlas or have access to their website can.

I dont work for Atlas.
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

beachfun

Postby beachfun » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:38 pm

Thanks!

Return to “Open Community”