O'neil Relocation

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
PApisces

O'neil Relocation

Postby PApisces » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:36 pm

I have decided that my choices are between them and Armstrong United. My local Agent from O'neil quoted me a "Mayflower" quote, although they say they are "United" Van lines(I am guessing that this is due to United Owning Mayflower...

What are your opinions on O'neil???? Help!

Also, they all seem to be pushing me to use a "shuttle" truck here at origin, even though I have seen many an 18 wheeler in this complex and the Maintainence AND office staff insist also that an 18 wheeler is NOT a problem.

Thanks Guys!

MusicMom

Re: O'neil Relocation

Postby MusicMom » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:40 pm

Some drivers are not as adventurous as others, especially if they own their trucks themselves. If may not be needed on the day of.

PApisces

Postby PApisces » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:45 pm

Thank you MM! I cannot seem to find ANY reviews positive or negative for O'neil. Have you heard of any?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:50 pm

Sorry, I'm not aware of any.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:09 pm

Send a Private Message to "ArchieWhite" and ask him about O'Neil and Armstrong.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:10 pm

O'Neil in Garland seems to be a branch of O'Neil in Orange County, CA, a United agent. We have this information for the Orange County O'Neil in the Superlist linked to below my name:
--O'Neil Relocation (United) in Garden Grove.
This branch of the company is the HQ--there is also a branch in the San Jose area and one in Garland, TX. As of 3/07 it had an "A" rating with the LA area BBB and 6 complaints over the past 36 months. I believe that it has a very large warehouse. It has the website www.oneilrelocation.com and the phone 800-776-6345. Oddly, there is a company with the same name in Costa Mesa that has a "CCC" rating with no complaints.
I know of two people who got estimates for interstate moves from O'Neil and both liked the estimator (Audrey Copeland). One moved a large shipment with them to IL although she never came back to report. She told me that O'Neil's pricing was the best of the three companies she was considering.
"pinkrancher" (now living in TX but worked as a sales rep for various companies in Orange County for many years) posted that "I know whom and whom not to use in so cal, I can refer a good quality person and agent to help. . . . I like O'Neil Relocations in Garden Grove, contact COD person Audrey Copeland, they have been around for a very long time started in Santa Ana after WW2. still owned by the Family.":
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 2252#32252

I have a feeling that "Archie White" may know something about the TX branch. The Orange County branch looks to me like a good company.

As a United agent, O'Neil can book moves on Mayflower as well as United trucks. It's nothing alarming.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

PApisces

Postby PApisces » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:35 pm

I sent Archie a Pm. Thanks guys! The fact that several people pointed me to him, scares me that they are AWFUL or something..... :/

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:41 pm

LOL! Archie owns a United agency in GA. He's been around forever and knows everyone - that's why we told you to send him a message. :D

PApisces

Postby PApisces » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:00 pm

LOL thank you! This moving across country thing has gotten a whole lot more conviluted since last I did it! lol

Rick

Postby Rick » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:27 pm

You have nothing to worry about with O'Neil. They are a GSA approved carrier. Their indexed score is higher that most of the major van lines including both United and Mayflower. http://www.oneilrelocation.com/htm/customersatisfac.htm

Return to “Open Community”