Good Samaritan Moving (Baltimore)/Moonlite Moving (FL)

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
Sonyzee

Re: Beware movers using Anthem Claims Management

Postby Sonyzee » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:43 pm

I have recently had all of my worldly possessions stolen as a result of a moving and storage fiasco. Good Samaritan Moving & Storage in Baltimore MD has vanished, along with its owner Dan Neidens and all of my belongings. Neidens is said to be in Wyoming State. I am interested in this forum because the DOT number used by his company belongs to Moonlight Moving and Storage in Hollywood Florida. President: Fuleyman Sahin Vice President: Ayfer Sahin.

After reading some of the posts, I wonder if my situation is connected with what's going on with anyone here. I am unsure what to do. I have filed felony charges with the Howard County MD police department, and the FBI agent I phoned said they did not handle theft cases.

Any replies would be helpful...
Better viewed as a challenge, not a problem...

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:37 pm

Have you contacted the FMCSA yet? www.protectyourmove.gov

If you file a complaint with us at the top of the page with the :!: we will forward it to the DOT for you.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:24 am

This thread might help, it shows that the FL address is the REAL one, and Baltimore is like a satellite office.

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5710

So you may have to go to FL authorities. Note that the President of Moonlite Moving in Hollywood is actually Suleyman Sahin, Ayfer's a VP. Click here to see:

http://tinyurl.com/2hrdya

SAHIN, SULEYMAN
2721 OCEAN CLUB BLVD APT 204
HOLLYWOOD FL 33019

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:30 am

Suleyman & Jenifer Sahin recently opened another company, Maraton (no "h") Van Line) at the same address as just above.

But going back to your problems, if the company's DOT number goes to Hollywood, the MD address is inconsequential. Your complaint to the DOT/FMCSA should be about Moonlite Moving, as Good Samaritan was operating under their authority (their own having been revoked this past April:

http://li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov/LIVIEW/p ... ath=LIVIEW

SRILEY

Re: Good Samaritan Moving (Baltimore)/Moonlite Moving (FL)

Postby SRILEY » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:14 pm

Beware of Good Samaritan moving & storage company recent location in Baltimore Maryland. On 8/10/07 I found out that Dan Neidens has run off with all my furniture & personal belongings. I was told that there are other victims out there & I would like to get in contact with those individuals to compare information & come up with a course of action. I have tried to contact the local police in Baltimore, Maryland. They told me there is nothing that they can do because this is a civil matter & I would have to take him to court & sue him. The police advised me that I would have to hire an attorney &/or private detective. I spoke with Rhodes development; the company that leased the unit to Mr. Neidens & was told he has not spoken to him since June. According to Mr. Rhodes, Mr. Neidens is in wyomy. He has filed a judgment against Mr. Neidens & has not spoken to him since. On 8/13/07, I did a people search on-line & received Mr. Neiden’s profile including past addresses & other judgments against him. This morning, I contacted the consumer protection agency in my area & was basically rushed off of the phone. They told me I have to go on-line to file a complaint & it takes 2 to 4 weeks for a mediator to contact me. I also called the news media & I am waiting for a call back from one of the news investigators. I place a fraud alert on my credit report because he has personal items that may include my ssn#. I will be contacting the council person in my area to receive help from someone. I have no idea what to do. I am completely, completely devastated. I am schedule to move within & I basically only have the clothes on my back. This man has taken away all my new furniture, college degrees & awards, pictures that an irreplaceable & also the joy of moving into my first home. I just want my belongings back. Can someone please help me? I cannot get anyone to listen to my full story.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:15 pm

Send a Private Message to the original poster of this thread. You two can compare notes and maybe help each other.

When did he pick up your things originally, and have you been paying for storage or did he just never deliver them?

SRILEY

Postby SRILEY » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:03 pm

My furniture was picked up on 4/1/2006 & it was stored on the premises since then. I went to the location on 8/10/07 because the phone number was disconnected & that's when I realized he was gone.

jumboshrimp

Postby jumboshrimp » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:41 pm

Hey, I just delt with Sahin. I have some contact information for him along with bank info (I had to wire him funds) which if you have the police involved I am more than happy to share.

I had a lot of problems moving from DC to San Francisco. I used BR Movers, who hired Mr. Sahin. In general what I have learned from this and talking to others, most moving co. are scams. Hire ones only who use their own drivers (same company moving). Insurance, but it!

Long story short, he put my stuff in storage until I wired him the funds. It took BR moving co a week to get a hold of him (he was not returning my calls after the money was wired) and for him to tell me where my stuff was. He left the key to the locker on the top of the door, so anyone could have seen it.

I got all my stuff and no damage, but I will move my stuff next time on my own.

Auri

Postby Auri » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:26 pm

Don't let your experience completely turn you off to movers. There are good movers out there. You just need to research them and ask some good questions. Coming here is a very good step should you need to move again.
Industry Professional in Chicago

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:07 pm

jumboshrimp wrote:In general what I have learned from this and talking to others, most moving co. are scams.

Actually, that's not true. Most moving companies are good businesses, it's just the bad one that stick out like a sore thumb and make it seem like there aren't any out there.

jumboshrimp

Postby jumboshrimp » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:17 pm

farrah7031 wrote:
jumboshrimp wrote:In general what I have learned from this and talking to others, most moving co. are scams.

Actually, that's not true. Most moving companies are good businesses, it's just the bad one that stick out like a sore thumb and make it seem like there aren't any out there.

Farrah, correct, I was still very fired up about my move when I posted it. There are lots of good honest people out there, I just wish there was more one could do to stop the bad ones.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:31 pm

I've been in your place, jumboshrimp. I still get pissed off when I think of what happened to me. I know how you feel.

Return to “Report A Scam”