Moving from Arlington

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Jay123

Moving from Arlington

Postby Jay123 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:42 pm

Hi Folks,

I’m moving from Arlington, VA to Durham, NC. Anyone have any suggestions on particular moving companies? Also, I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on a moving company called Global Moving Systems, Inc.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Rick

Re: Moving from Arlington

Postby Rick » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:15 pm

Global Moving Systems is a small, 4 truck operation dba Choice Moving and Storage (US DOT #1385580; MC # 527825) based in the District. They’ve had their authority since 2005 and don’t have any complaints. Looking at their website, however, it seems they specialize in moves between Washington and New England.

There are plenty of qualified carriers in the market. You’ll find a comprehensive review of other Virginia moving companies here http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 7122#77122

Carter

Postby Carter » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:44 am

I recently used Von Paris to move from Arlington to Charleston, SC and I was very impressed with every aspect of the move and would definitely use them again.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:55 am

Jay, sorry I missed this yesterday so I didn't comment.

The first time Global Moving Systems was asked about here, last August, I found some interesting info on them. Read here:

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7823

As Carter says, Von Paris has an excellent reputation, as do some others. Check out both the VA and MD sections of the Moving Compnay Reviews (Superlist) page - it's a Sticky in this forum - and find :thumbsup: companies to call for in-home estimate. Do NOT use any company that won't come to your home. Did Choice/Global?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:06 am

Something lese to consider is that Choice/Global's license is as a Contract Carrier, which differes from a Common Carrier (the most common one) only in that it doesn't require Cargo insurance. So you'd HAVE to purchase additional insurance from a third-party company to cover your goods during transit. Extra cost.

Return to “Open Community”