North America Moving Systems

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
ArchieWhite

Re: North America Moving Systems

Postby ArchieWhite » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:59 pm

What nerve, to use a generic picture of a mini storage facility, which we all know is the fastest way to mold, mildew and unlocked or easily broken into $2 lock securing somebodys valuable stuff.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:28 pm

Assuming the new mover is one on the list of long distance movers on www.ctmovers.com you are in much better hands now.

dankatz

Postby dankatz » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:58 pm

Thanks everyone for your help.
This is Dani's wife. As far as contract is concerned, the agreement regarding the refund was verbal, so I don't know whether it means anything or not. In any case, even if we don't get it, we'll consider it a price for our stupidity. When I called and requested a cancellation, I had to have a long argument with them regarding how I was making a mistake. I didn't think I needed to justify myself to them, and my feeling also was that a reputable company would not behave in such a way ("I'm sorry you're canceling, can we ask why, we're sorry, please let us know what we can do next time", not forcefully arguing about how they're so great). Whatever. I just hope that I saved myself a lot of pain, even if we do lose the deposit.
Irene.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:16 am

Verbal agreements can be held up in court. It's possible you won't get it back, though. I think you should keep trying.

What did they say to you when you cancelled? They were telling you how great they were and arguing with you?

dankatz

Postby dankatz » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:58 pm

Well, pretty much arguing with me the whole time. "I can't believe you're doing it, why don't you trust us, we're member of 'WHATEVER ORGANIZATION', will you hold the fact that we're a young company against us, why would we want to ruin our reputation", blah blah blah. The whole conversation was pretty confrontational, and unpleasant. I already called our credit card, and they will give us a temporary credit. We'll see how it works out.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:36 am

OK, crossing my fingers for you. And if it doesn't work out, it was a very important lesson to learn.

I'll refer people in the future to this last post of yours showing how they REALLY treat their customers. Accusing you of trying to ruin their reputation just because you're cancelling? Come on!

dankatz

Postby dankatz » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:54 am

Just wanted to give an update about how our move went. Luckily, it went pretty smoothly. We hired Admiral Moving Systems, and they did a pretty good job - loaded our truck on Tuesday, took it to their facility, and drove it to our new place and unloaded the next day. On Tuesday later in the day we also got a call from them telling us the exact weight of the truck, and how much it will cost us. So, even though we paid a bit more than what we originally thought, the movers were very professional, and we're happy we switched. BTW, the day before our move we got a call from North America Moving Systems confirming our move. We have called them all morning (from 6 till 9) trying to reach somebody and tell them it was a mistake, but, as expected, no one was picking up the phone, and no answering service was available either.

axelneff

Postby axelneff » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:57 am

DO NOT USE NORTH AMERICA MOVING SYSTEMS!!!!!

I used them because they seemed to have the most reasonable quote and were the most accommodating to how I wanted to handle my move, i.e. pack myself, small truck, date time.

I worked with a sales agent name Frank Mayo (do not trust him, he is the typical sleezy sales type.) Frank and I worked out a deal where I would have my belongs pre packed and ready for pickup. We agreed that I only needed two movers and a small truck.

The quoted price for my move was $1,300 and we scheduled a 9am move.

On the day of the move, the moving truck arrived promptly at 3:30pm... only 6.5 hours late. Along with that, they had a truck full of other peoples belongings and had a crew of 4 guys.

None of the movers spoke english except for one and they proceeded to package all of my already packed belongings into boxes. No need for this because I had everything in garbage bags and containers/boxes.

After a whirlwind of commotion in my house, the truck was loaded but the movers then presented me with the final bill of the move, which ended up totaling $5,300! $4,000 more than what I was initially quoted the moving material alone cost ~$3,000 and like I have said, everything was already packed.

At this point all my belongings were already on the truck and the movers claimed that if I did not pay, I would not be able to get my things back. So I was forced to pay.

Since that time I have gone through their arbitration, claims process and every other hurdle they have made me go through in an attempt to try to reclaim some of my money they scammed out of me.

So far all I have received back from them is a written letter saying that the claim department cannot handle my case because I did not state any goods were damaged. Which was not my complaint in the first place.

Bottom line, it is now August 3rd, my move occurred on April 28th. I have been calling them at least 5-6 times a week for the past three months trying to get answers. I have been bounced around from Bill, to Jessica to Mike back to Jessica To Bill to whoever else answers the phone when I call. They are very evasive and a completely unprofessional.

I cannot say this enough but DO NOT USE NORTH AMERICA MOVING SYSTEMS!! THEY WILL GIVE YOU A QUOTE THAT IS A FRACTION OF THE ACTUAL COST AND THEN PROVIDE YOU WITH HORRIBLE SERVICE.

DON'T GET SCREWED OVER LIKE I DID.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:24 am

Have you contacted the BBB and the FMCSA?

jengsa

Postby jengsa » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:44 am

Oddly enough, AMSA welcomed them as a new member in June... Complain with them!!

bvg1981

Postby bvg1981 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:22 pm

Does AMSA have a complaint form on their website?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:23 pm

No, call them.

bvg1981

Postby bvg1981 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:26 pm

But of course -- I'd left the AMSA off the list -- they need to know about NAMS, too :)

Return to “Open Community”