Any recent experiences with John C. Murphy?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
P&T

Any recent experiences with John C. Murphy?

Postby P&T » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:30 pm

Has anyone had recent experiences with John C. Murphy Moving and Storage, Brewster, NY?

We're moving from N. Westchester, NY to Cape Cod, and need storage in NY for a few months.

I have an estimate from this company, and would like to trust them with the move. I checked them out with FMCA, BBB, NYS Dept of State, etc., and everything looks good,

BUT, I'm a little uncomfortable about one or two things, including the $250 deposit they're asking for upon signing of the Order for Service.

Would appreciate any comments. Must make a decision very soon.

P&T

Rick

Re: Any recent experiences with John C. Murphy?

Postby Rick » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:31 pm

Joan and John are both good people. Their company is well respected in both Brewster and Milford. It was a disappointment that Connecticut wouldn't grant their request for authority earlier this year.

They've been part of the landscape there for over fifteen years, mostly as an independent mover. They might have a relationship with Paul Arpin but I suspect that they would do your 250 mile regional move under their own DOT authority 534058.

P&T

Re: Any recent experiences with John C. Murphy?

Postby P&T » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:17 pm

Thanks for the comments, Rick.

One of the owners came to the house to do the estimate, and I was impressed with him.

P&T

Return to “Open Community”