MOVING FROM LA LA LAND to the Heart of the Midwest

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
markymark

MOVING FROM LA LA LAND to the Heart of the Midwest

Postby markymark » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:03 pm

Hey all...I wanted to Hire MOOVERS but they said they are not avail during the time I want to move. Just an email they didn't bother to call.

I"m planning on moving sept 4 or 5 from Hollyweird to Kansas. Any suggestions? I really have no desire to do UPACK but it sounds like a good option for many people.

Any other full service movers that are good besides MOOVERS?

thanks!!!

OH...any comments on Bekins? Wheaton Van Lines? Daly's Moving and Storage?

farrah7031

Re: MOVING FROM LA LA LAND to the Heart of the Midwest

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:29 pm

You can contact Delancey Street - they're based on the same program as Moovers and they have an office in LA. You can also try Andy's Transfer (North American)

Here's a list of our reviews for CA:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 7572#57572

Please avoid Bekins in the LA area. See the post above for reasons.

markymark

Postby markymark » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:46 pm

I have learned a TON from this web site. TONS of good information.

Although I see many people have saved $$ doing ABF UPACK, there are some definite CONS to using this method.

I have decided to go full service movers, and I am concentrating on the following 3 for quotes:

Allied
North American (Andy's Transfer)
Flat Rate Moving

Has anyone heard of Consumer's Relocation Services (through AAA)? I had 3 agents call me associated with this service, and they were Bekins (not good from the posts I've seen), Wheaton Van Lines, and Daly's Moving & Storage.

Any other comments are greatly appreciated.

I called Sterling Van Lines but they were on the HIGH side. by the way, if you are moving within LA, I have used Lindeman's Movers Twice in 3 years.

http://www.lindemansmovers.com/

and they are FAN-tastic. on time, good attitude, great service, great guys, and very affordable. They helped me out in a REAL bind when another moving company mentioned on this site really tried to pull a scam on me. so i told this company to GET LOST right on the spot and Lindeman's were able to help me out the SAME day within an HOUR,.

markymark

Re: MOVING FROM LA to the Midwest

Postby markymark » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:04 pm

After reading a LOT about all of the sorry ass moving companies, I think I have come to 3 conclusions:

1. Get an IN home SIGHT seen estimate from at least 2 movers with a good reputation in your area from this site.

2. Just go with the one that goes with your gut and stop worrying :>)

:P

3. Sell or give away as much as possible so you don't end up moving stuff you'll never use (which costs $$ to move junk -- I mean STUFF). :oops:

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:30 am

Bingo! :D

Return to “Open Community”