Looking for reputable mover in Missoula, Montana to San Francisco

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
andres

Looking for reputable mover in Missoula, Montana to San Francisco

Postby andres » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:43 pm

Hi there,

We are looking for a good mover in the Missoula, Montana area to move our belongings to the San Francisco area. Has anyone had any experience with Montana Transfer Co. (a North American agent) or Rocky Mountain Moving and Storage?

Thanks!

MusicMom

Re: Looking for reputable mover in Missoula, Montana to San Francisco

Postby MusicMom » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:49 pm

Unfortunately, we don't have any details about either. Maybe some of the pros who work in those two companies' systems can look up their quality scores.

az ops man

Postby az ops man » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:19 pm

Call Mergenthaler transfer,they rae an agent for united Van lines,we have used them numerous times over the past 12 years and they always provide quality service.They have 4 offices in Montana .Their sales office in Missoula is 406-756-9700.

andres

Postby andres » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:10 pm

Thank you!

jimj59

Postby jimj59 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:54 pm

I have dealt with Merganthaler on a couple of occasions and I can say I would NEVER use them again. Delayed loads, on 2 occasions split the load between trucks after promising not to do so which meant I had to wait several days in a hotel since naturally everything we needed to live was on the second truck. Damaged many things every time they moved us then tried not to pay for them even though I opted for every type of insurance available. Drivers brought their little kids along who played with,in and around our stuff actually throwing fragile items in the air and pouring drinks all over the place.

Had one driver show up 2 hours late for loading while all my stuff was out in the street by then waiting for him needless to say it started to rain. To top it all off, he was supposed to show up with enough room but decided to load a car where our stuff was supposed to go and supposedly told Merganthaler. Merganthaler still sent him even though he couldn't take more than a quarter of our stuff. A 2 hour load job took from 9am to 10pm, causing the drivers to be in a bad mood as you can guess. When they showed up at the new place they beat the heck out of our house, then the merganthaler rep had the nerve to bad mouth us to others.
DO NOT bother the packers ever! If they even notice your watching it ticks them off and they had a nasty habit of mislabling the boxes so you will spend days looking for your stuff.

Rick

Re: **Looking for reputable mover in Missoula, Montana to San Francisco

Postby Rick » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:35 pm

You don't have a lot of options in Missoula. The two you mentioned are the largest. Merganthaler has the most equipment but they use some of it in their freight operation. Neither has a history of significant BBB complaints.

There is a Wheaton agent in town, Blair Transfer http://www.blairtransfer.com , that has been operating in Missoula for over 80 years. I think the owner recently sold the company, though.

Suhr Transport http://www.suhrtransport.com may be an option depending on the size of your move. They are a Mayflower agent and service most of the state of Montana from their offices in Great Falls, Helena and Billings. Father and son operate the business and they are both as honest as the day is long.

Return to “Open Community”