Has anyone on here dealt with "On the Spot Movers" out of San A

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
farrah7031

Re: Has anyone on here dealt with "On the Spot Movers" out of San

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:10 pm

We're so glad you got your things. I'm sorry you had to wait that long, but at least you got everything. Please let us know if you find a lot of damages - hopefully not.

Techsan93

Postby Techsan93 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:20 pm

I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully your belongings arrived safely and it doesnt sound like they tried holding your goods for more money....good thing.

Best of luck in your new home!

Techsan93

dmikes

Postby dmikes » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:40 pm

For future reference, the Texas Attorney General is the state authority that investigates consumer complaints. Tho I'm sure you've learned your lesson, try to avoid Web sites that offer online estimates -- especially from multiple companies. I dealt with one of those Web sites a few years ago and found all of the referred companies to be quite dodgy.
Always check out a moving company first at the USDOT's Protect Your Move Web site:
http://ai.volpe.dot.gov/hhg/Search.asp?ads=#
Even that site is not foolproof. The federal Web site is not always a great source for complaints, becuase consumers rarely know to whom they should complain. I've found that consumeraffairs.com and ripoffreport.com are good places to start.

hollandmk

Postby hollandmk » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:19 am

Hi. I just moved with On-the-Spot movers from San Antonio to New York. OTS picked up my stuff on Aug 31st and arrived in New Paltz, NY on September 8th. I chose them because I had a horrible experience with a BIG moving company (Atlas) three years ago when moving from LA to SA. OTS gave a good price, and one of the main guys, Bobby, convinced me I could trust them. I did all my research--including posting on this site and discussing the company with others; you can find those postings here--and finally decided they were legit.

The experience was not terrible: the packers were good, and except for a 1.5-day delay receiving my stuff (much better than the 2.5-week delay from my earlier move), the move was relatively on-time. I was annoyed that the two guys who showed up to move were older and out of shape and not capable of doing the whole move themselves; I and a friend moved at least as much as they did. And because they arrived at 3 pm, we were still moving past midnight (using all of MY lights and equipment to do so, btw--they had nothing to help). They did damage a few things out of sheer laziness, and grumbled about how much they hated what they were doing the whole time. But on the whole, the move was mostly on time and not much was damaged.

BUT--things were damaged, like a $300 rug was ruined, and now I can't get through on any of the phone numbers I was given (including Bobby's). It looks like we will get nothing for damages. We are lucky they didn't break anything big. But still--it does look like this company has disappeared. Just thought I would add my experience to the body of info out there. I'll be happy to answer any questions.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:24 pm

Click on Active/Pending Insurance and contact them with your claim:
http://li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov/LIVIEW/p ... ath=LIVIEW

Diane

Re: **Has anyone on here dealt with "On the Spot Movers" out of S

Postby Diane » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:23 pm

Thanks for the report, hollandmk. For those interested, here is the runup to your review http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13667

I've listed the company in the Superlist with a Thumbsdown symbol - :thumbsdown: - in front of its name in view of the fact that someone else reported on the above thread that they were unreachable by phone (and they also held his goods for more than a month on a move to VA, giving a flimsy excuse).
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:05 am

In researching On the Spot Movers, I noticed that the following entry came up very high on Google - http://www.movemediakit.com/online/amsa/ Clicking on the link brings you to this page:
Join Our Network of AMSA Member Movers

The American Moving and Storage Association has partnered with Move and so should you!

Move, Inc., the world’s largest moving community, provides homebuyers and renters with the real estate, community information, and professional connections they need before, during and after a move. The Move™ network sees over 11 million unique monthly users coming through the various channels, over 7 million on the Realtor.com channel alone!

Take advantage of this highly qualified traffic by joining the Move network of moving service providers. The new Move/AMSA co-branded full-service moving lead generation tool matches users only with professional AMSA member movers ensuring fair competition. Click here to go to the new co-branded site on Move.com.

Here are some of the benefits of Joining Our Network:

Reach millions of pre-qualified moving consumers
Customize your program to meet your needs
Save with our pay-per-lead pricing
Track your leads with our comprehensive online reporting
Compete only with other AMSA members

Learn more about Joining Our Network of AMSA movers
Frequently Asked Questions
Become an AMSA member
Learn more about the AMSA/Move partnership
Tips on working with online moving leads
-------------------------------------------------------------------
“We are seeing a lot of success from the lead program and are looking forward to a very busy summer season. I would like to extend my gratitude for all of the support as we experimented with the leads this spring. You have been wonderful!! I would tell all of my competitors about signing up with your company, but I don't think that would be wise for business ; )"

Thanks again,
Bobby Fazio, On the Spot Movers
Agent of Stevens Worldwide Van Lines

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Not only is it of interest that the AMSA has partnered with www.move.com to supply leads to its members, but its media kit features this iffy company :thumbsdown: On the Spot Movers, advertising that it is an agent of Stevens Van Lines even though the relationship has reportedly been severed for months!

On the Spot has three bad reviews on Citysearch at http://sanantonio.citysearch.com/review/36888437

Return to “Open Community”