boulevard moving and storage

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
wiaz

boulevard moving and storage

Postby wiaz » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:51 pm

DON'T use boulevard from Waukesha Wi. Their estimates are worthless. They keep sending bills for additional charges or revised charges that far exceed their orginal quotes. They came to the house and did an item by item quote. After they picked up the furniture they raised the price twice in the first hour and have raised it twice since then. A VERY BAD EXPERIENCE.

farrah7031

Re: boulevard moving and storage

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:22 pm

Are you talking about the Mayflower agent?

http://www.boulevardmoving.com/

Milwaukee Office
N229 W585 Foster Court
Waukesha, WI 53186
Call 262-547-5900 or
800-231-0173

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:16 am

Was this a local or interstate move?

And what was the basis for the price increases? Did you receive a written estimate?

Let us know the particulars? Once the driver has accepted your shipment, things cannot change. The driver has to challenge the estimate BEFORE he ever loads the truck.

On a local or intrastate move not moving under Mayflower authority, you need to read your estimate carefully, and compare to the final bill. If you had a non binding estimate, and your weight increased, yes you would be liable for 110% of the charges due at delivery. The balance would have to be billed to you in 30 days.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

CK Dexter

Postby CK Dexter » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:44 am

I had a very good experience with Boulevard Moving and Storage in Waukesha for an interstate move.

Did you get a binding estimate? That's what I did, and everything went smoothly and quickly. It was also A LOT less expensive than the 5 other Milwaukee area estimates I recieved ($2000 instead of the $3000-$3500 range of the others).

I will say that they initially gave me a non-binding estimate without offering the option of a binding one, and they initially underestimated the cost. So I would be careful.

But do consider them, provided you have a binding estimate and look closely at the itemization to ensure its complete. After I did that, the experience was shockingly good from pickup to delivery.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:07 am

CK Dexter,

Thanks so much for this review (and your advice), which I've added to the Superlist linked to below my name.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”