Wolley's Movers - looking for info

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
photo 1 shot

Re: Wolley's Movers - looking for info

Postby photo 1 shot » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:53 am

further more Lytwyn Movers has been around for 30 years+ now. they where on the corner of Belmont and Levitt when I used them. Then they moved to Levitt and Fletcher and are now located in a Chicago suburb.
Diane you sound like you think something.

photo 1 shot

Postby photo 1 shot » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:58 am

Diane why are you posting from LA? have you ever used a Chicago mover. I have how about you?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:11 am

Ooohhh, such anger! Doesn't usually come from the average moving company customer, but from angry employees.

Jim

Postby Jim » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:18 am

Photo 1, the point Diane is making is that you admit to moving you 2 blocks and moving 2 blocks from any suburb in Chicago does not put you in Ohio. Lytwyn could not have moved you there legally....so I think it is a fair question.

photo1 shot

Postby photo1 shot » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:47 am

MusicMom wrote:Ooohhh, such anger! Doesn't usually come from the average moving company customer, but from angry employees.

What are you trying to say? I am tickled pink the paper cup co
Imperial Bondware closed down and relocated me to Ohio.
"No more stolen cars or spray paint on my garage from the local gang bangers.

if your trying to say I worked for a moving co, your wrong. Just giving the truth of the job Lytwyn movers did.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:57 am

Jim wrote:Photo 1, the point Diane is making is that you admit to moving you 2 blocks and moving 2 blocks from any suburb in Chicago does not put you in Ohio. Lytwyn could not have moved you there legally....so I think it is a fair question.

OK listen to this little minds.

I never said anything about two blocks from any suburb at all.
I never said anything about Chicago to Ohio.
All I stated was that lytywn movers moved me two blocks.
Fletcher and Levit to Hoyne st, my new home when I lived in Chicago for 25 years stright.
DAAAAA
I don't own the home anymore, because I moved in the late 90's to OHIO.
Is that simple enough for your little minds?

Lytwyn movers have been around for more then 30 years. with in that time,
I lived in Chicago and had them move me two blocks. From a rental apartment to a home I bought.

I thought people in OHIO where stupid you people take the cake. At least I can say I lived in Chicago went to school in Chicago and had a Chicago moving co move me.

PSS anyone in the Chicago area wants to see my images, the link is
http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/gallery.asp?memberID=139508
You might know me from school or the lake or the Belmont and Damen area.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:25 pm

I think we're just wondering why the SUPER glowing remarks on Lytwyn Movers just appeared out of the blue. In our experience here, when such things happen, the reviews are usually fake. If you moved to Ohio in the late 90's, then why are you not posting reviews of the movers who moved you there, only the one who moved you two blocks in your old town almost 10 years ago? It just all seems so weird to us.

What I also find interesting (not directed at you) is that according to the Illinois Corporations Department, Lytwyn Movers was dissolved in 2001.

tpress

Postby tpress » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:20 am

Just wanted to post a warning about Wolley Movers for everyone.

We rented our own truck and hired Wolley Movers to fill it. We were quoted a two-man moving team for $65 per hour. I called the day before the move to confirm that we would in fact be getting two men and paying $65 per hour. On moving day, a three-man team showed up and charged us $85 per hour. The movers also did a terrible job of loading our truck and irreparably broke a desk and damaged several furniture items.

I wrote a letter immediately after the move asking them to act to resolve the situation and received no response.

Diane

Re: **Wolley's Movers - looking for info

Postby Diane » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:27 am

I'm certainly not minimizing the fact that the workers damaged your things, but actually I think $85/hour for three workers is very reasonable. Sometimes companies will send more people to get the job done faster in certain situations. It could be that you paid for fewer hours than if you had had only two guys. Anyway, I'm adding your review to the Superlist linked to below my name. Thanks for posting it!

Return to “Open Community”