Overwhelmed! Moving in 16 days...MD to FL

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Mark Johnson

Re: Overwhelmed! Moving in 16 days...MD to FL

Postby Mark Johnson » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:13 pm

I'm curious, did you move these people under a GBL? I do not see you in the list of approved CHAMP carriers

Hi Jen,

I spoke with the gentleman who handled these moves. He said that on the aformentioned moves, we were not notified until the last minute on who was being moved.

I do not know if we are on these lists, however we have recieved alot of work like this possibly because we were the exclusive movers for the new york supreme ct at one time? Maybe the senators that used us etcetc,.
Despite all, we do move a lot of big people.

Obviousley these type of moves are handled as true vip moves and everything is perfect.. Altho we try ( more now than ever ) a 2000 lb fla to chicago would not recieve the same attention, however 99% of the time ends well and the customer is happy.
Even now there is a thread of the United agent out of NJ with the delivery in oakland. This type of thing happens and even to the big outfits. I believe the problems begin afterwords on how the incident is handled. Im sure the United agent is outstanding 99.5% of the time, but things like this happen.

Also remember that these type of people are not mid level govt employees and im imagining have a different set up I.E expense accounts

We do recieve a large amount of high end customers because of our reputation in those circles. We have been around a long time and once your in those circles you get referrals. You can bet tho that rnjadas move woulda been handled like a true vip because of what was at stake, lol.

I will give you the gentleman who handled these moves direct line as well i will give you mine should you like to call.

<Moderator's Note: Removed company information>

Mark Johnson
<Moderator's Note: Removed company information, again>

keep smilin and with best regards,

Mark

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:20 pm

Mark, I'm not sure which part of you can't post company information on this board you don't seem to understand, but let me be very clear. You will be prevented from posting if you continue to do this. This is your very last warning. I think we've been extremely fair to leave up all the "Pomp and Circumstance" you've been posting previously.

Mark Johnson

Postby Mark Johnson » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:25 pm

Mark, I'm not sure which part of you can't post company information on this board you don't seem to understand, but let me be very clear. You will be prevented from posting if you continue to do this. This is your very last warning. I think we've been extremely fair to leave up all the "Pomp and Circumstance" you've been posting previously

Fair enough,

I just thought it more above board to give her gabis direct line..I did not mention the white glove name and thought i was following protocol. Im a little bit new and should probly read the posting article you have.

I thought i was doing right.

With kind regards,
Mark

Mark Johnson

Postby Mark Johnson » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:37 pm

My companies claims to fame are connected to my favorite president.....1. In 1976, we moved one of his staff to DC, and he stiffed us....he short paid us about $1,000 of his $2600 total.
2. Another of his folks, who was appointed ambassador to Australia, we picked up his shipment for overseas export, and the crater, who was crating an oil painting, managed to let a cigarette ash drop into the packing materials, and not too much later that oil painting was only a scorched frame.

both of these were well known people, one was a bum, the other a saint

Isnt that the way it always is friend.

We can only dream of having that kind of money and to stiff a hard working person like that is just amazing.

im cringing about the oil painting, a few ssleepless nights you had for sure.

With best regards,
Mark

JoWren

Postby JoWren » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:13 am

I noticed you stated that you stuff is not all that great, how about donating things you would really like to replace, or have a yard sale. My husban id retired from the navy, I am quite familiar with moves. I learned early on after the move when my things were unpacked, I would wonder 'why did I even keep this, I should have just left it behind and replaced it with something nicer. When you move a lot, you find when you are without your things for a while and see them again, you like them even less.

You say your stuff will be in storage for 2 months. That will give you plenty of time to shop for new things and your moving cost will be much less.

The best of luck to you !!!!

Rnjada

Postby Rnjada » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:43 am

SO, all of that aside....I have estimates now from Hamden Moving and Storage (Mayflower), Von Paris Moving and Storage (United), Advance Relo (Atlas), and Park Moving and Storage (United). All include 2 months storage in Baltimore/metro area, all have personally estimated my weights (in fact all of them estimated within 200lbs of 11,000 lbs), all include preparing the items for move (wrapping, cartoning, furniture, etc), assembly and disassembly.
My personal favorite is Hampden and I said that before I even got the estimate...very profressional, family business, located right here in Abingdon. Vp called me last night personally to see if I had any further questions and invited me to come tour their storage facility.
Here are the figures:

1. Hampden TOtal estimated charges: $7850 all binding except storage which could not be bound due to not knowing the entire length of stay

2. Von Paris: $9610 binding minus storage

3. Advance Relo: $8500 binding minus storage

4. Park Moving and Storage $6953.84 binding minus storage

By minus storage, I mean that this is the total estimated price, hoever, the storage part of it is not binding.

Let me know your thoughts.
I also just want to say thanks to all of you out there for plugging along with me on this ride and standing up for me and my decision. I don't know what I would do without this site.
Jada

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:43 am

Can you include the estimated weights also? Why is the Park estimate so much less than all the others?

weem

Postby weem » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:48 am

GOOD JOB!-You can't go wrong with Hampden and I am very surprised at their price, tho their close-by location helps them a little. Visit their location---you will be impressed with the operation.
Good job and good luck.

Park is close-by as well and usually offers very attractive pricing without any gimmicks.

Rnjada

Postby Rnjada » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:59 am

I was very upfront with Hampden about my situation and I told him the names of all of the companies that were coming in with estimates. He was able to be very competitive with the storage because it is here in Abingdon. I even called them back and asked for free boxes because Park offered me 25 free boxes and Atlas offered me unlimited boxes, so Hampden threw in boxes too (and I don't have to drive but 2 miles to go get them!)
I am very impressed with all of these companies and so happy that I found this website and took the time to research and ask the right questions.

Michael

Postby Michael » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:32 pm

If all were within a few hundred pounds then the obvious cost difference has to be coming from the discount levels applied to the move.

I dont think you can go worng with any of them.

Best of luck,
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

Return to “Open Community”