Noah's Ark NY/CT or Beavex CT

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
kbo

Noah's Ark NY/CT or Beavex CT

Postby kbo » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:30 pm

Any experience or input on Noah's Ark out of NY/CT. Apprently they've been in business since 1982. Here's their license info:

NY DOT-10860 · CT DOT-C1749 · US DOT-731301 · ICC-MC334379C

How about BeavEx in New Haven CT in business since 1964?

Tyrone

Re: Noah's Ark NY/CT or Beavex CT

Postby Tyrone » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:40 pm

RUN FROM NOAH'S ARK!

Their DOT operating authority has been REVOKED. These scammers are also operating with no current cargo insurance. Plus they lied to you about how long they have been in business.

If they are accpting new jobs at this time then they are operating 100% illegally. DO NOT USE THEM.

ealgel

Postby ealgel » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:25 pm

Tyron,
Can you prove what you say here.
We receive an estimate from Noah's Ark and they were the most professional company we ever worked with!!!
So please provide more acurate information you may have.

dave

Postby dave » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:44 pm

<Bogus post removed by administrator>

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:53 pm

It's pretty easy to look up the public information that Tyrone posted. All you need to do is look at the FMCSA's Licensing and Insurance web site to see all of the times that they've had their authority revoked (including most recently from 12/19/2005 until it was reinstated two days ago on 4/18/2006). To see that they've only been in business 2/24/1999 you can always look them up on the New York Secretary of State's web site.

Tyrone wasn't posting anything that isn't available for anyone to look up on their own.

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Jiankabe

Postby Jiankabe » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:19 pm

I recently moved from CT to NJ and requested cost-estimates from 12 companies.

I had a good impression with Noah's Ark based on the 2 guys who came to do the in-house cost-estimate. The estimate was reasonable, but I was reluctant to hire them based on the info in this post. I asked them to comment, which they did, and I thought that their explanations made sense. They maintained that they are operating since 1982 although their interstate license is not as old. They also had satisfactory explanations for the license revocations which they attributed to administrative issues.

So, I decided to take the risk and follow my gut feeling. I was not disappointed as the team showed up on time, were very professional and courteous, and worked very hard.

Only negative point: the cost estimate was inaccurate (underestimated). I suspected that based on my prior moves, but this estimate was actually one of the highest of the 12 I got. I had received assurance in writing (email) from Noah's Ark management that any increase based on overtime would be capped at 15%, so in the end, I paid exactly what I expected to pay. I gave a little more in tip to the team, because the guys ended up working until 1am on delivery day.

Bottom line: I recommend this company. As with any other company, you have to make sure you get the estimate in writing, and ask them to cap any increase.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:22 pm

Thanks for this comment. Out of curiosity, where did you move from and to (exactly), how much stuff did you have, how long did it take, and how much did you pay?
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:36 pm

12 quotes means you wasted 11 peoples time.....congratulations on that. Its really only necessary to waste 2-3 peoples time, 11 may be a new worlds record, I'll call the hall of fame and check.

Return to “Open Community”