Marathon Moving review

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
plonk

Marathon Moving review

Postby plonk » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:26 pm

My wife and I are moving from Boston to DC at the end of September/beginning of October.

Can you suggest any movers for our trip? We've got a 2 bedroom apt, moving into another 2 bedroom.

Thanks!

farrah7031

Re: Boston to DC Suggestions

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:55 pm

Here's a list of reviews for MA:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 7647#57647

Make sure you have a IN HOME estimate from anyone you're considering. Throw out all others.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:13 pm

Try calling this company (see last review):
--Marathon Moving Company (independent) in Randolph and Boston.
This company has an excellent reputation in the industry. As of 5/06 it had a stellar BBB report with no complaints over the past 36 months - http://www.bosbbb.org/reports/reliabili ... 0000085802
The address in Boston is listed as 38 Bradwook Street with phone numbers 617-325-1832 and 617-969-5152. See remarks on Marathon below. I don't recommend this company for very long-distance interstate moves.
"rassha" gave Marathon a very good review for a 10-mile within-state move in 8/06. The company charged $168/hour for 3 workers and a truck:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9255 (within MA)
"eoren1" (real name Eyal) posted that Marathon was "great" for his move in Jamaica Plain in 2006 and they also gave him a lower quote than Gentle Giant for a move to DC in 7/07--$3800 for 5700 pounds. He later posted that he used them to move to DC and the move was "awesome":
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13600 (local and later interstate)
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

plonk

Postby plonk » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:15 pm

Update:

We used Marathon Movers to move all of our stuff from Boston to DC late October, and it was a successful and stress-free trip.

A four man team (three to move, one to do paperwork and label each item) came around 9 AM and packed up our 2bedroom in just over 3 hours.

One of the guys drove the stuff down that night, and we began unpacking the next morning. Nothing was damaged and everything was accounted for.

There was a bit of miscommunication between the office and the team, however, as they didn't know to bring a box for our plasma (on the estimate) or which day we needed it delivered (the next day). They were able to make a little plasma house box (totally secure) and deliver the next day, so neither of the issues were major.

Mitsu, who packed up the stuff and then drove down and unpacked, did an awesome job. We felt totally secure with him and would recommend him to anyone.

Everyone was friendly and helpful -- a great move.

Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:51 pm

Thanks very much for this excellent review, which I'll add to the Superlist.

Diane

Re: Marathon Moving review

Postby Diane » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:13 pm

Below is another good review of Marathon that came in through the "Comments" section and was forwarded to me by Tim Walker, the website administrator. The customer is registered here but apparently was unable to figure out how to post directly onto the messageboard.
krawec wrote: 10/6/08 -
Name: Joseph Krawec
Email: [edited out by MovingScam moderator]
City: Naples
State: FL

Comments:
Marathon Moving Company moved my family from Boston, MA to Naples Florida. The movers did a great job and all my belongings arrived to Naples on time and with no damage. I would recommend Marathon Movers to anyone moving in state or out of state. I have reccomend Marathon many time to my family and friends and will continue to. Thank You again , Naples Florida

I'll add this review to the Superlist as well.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”