WARNING - Quick Trip movers company Atlanta GA - WARNING

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
go4it2day2004

WARNING - Quick Trip movers company Atlanta GA - WARNING

Postby go4it2day2004 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:31 pm

I've been reading the posts and wish I did before moving. QuickTrip sent a rental truck to my place that wasn't even thiers. The movers were all non English speaking Latins. They didn't seem to care about how my furniture was handled and only wanted to get done quickly so they could leave. Damaged some items and at 60 cents a pound there is almost no reimbursement. Jeremy (I think his real name is Yirmihu based on another post) charged us extra too. Everything seemed good at first until it was time to pay and the price skyrocketed. The written estimate was worthless. They don't seem to care if you threaten to involve the authorities. Be super careful about what is on your inventory list, because if your furniture is not on that list you will be charged. They claim they can charge an extra 10% since it says so on the bill of lading. Fuel surcharge was also ridiculous.

Re: WARNING - Quick Trip movers company Atlanta GA - WARNING

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:27 am

in state move? You note YOUR inventory list. What about the Bill of Laden when they come to your home for an est?

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:31 am

forget above.

Contact Clark Howard and talk to him about your scam. More people who call him the better. Saw him on Satellite last night so if he starts talking about moving scams the more people wil become aware the better for us all.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:51 am

He has already talked about them at least once, maybe a year ago. It had a big impact but much, much more is needed since our federal government appears unable to do much of anything.

Darryl

Postby Darryl » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:27 am

I have been all over the internet about these guys and they are bad people. Go to ripoffreport.com and type Quick Trip Movers into search and read my report among several others. There are several threats on this site concerning them. I'm filing court action and encourage you to do the same. They require a deposit on your credit card and then make you sign a paper saying you will not do a chargeback and then they also require cash or certified check before they'll unload there truck. In other words, they cover themselves and to hell with you. They did several thousand dollars worth of damage to our belongings and I'm relentless about doing after them. They have threatened me on several levels and they will do the same to you as well. It's what they do and they depend on people backing down because most people don't want to go through the hassle but when I looked over and saw my wife crying because so much of the art and antiques she'd collected over the years were destroyed, I don't think backing down became an option at that point.

Return to “Report A Scam”