Add Shiva Transport to the Black List

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies

Add Shiva Transport to the Black List

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:46 am

Shiva Transport stole my entire move. I did my research on them prior to the move and didnt find any red flags but pls be aware. They seem like a legit moving company they picked up my items when they said they would and kept them. I cant get anyone on the phone, no replies to my emails. I am in the process of filing a law suit against them but still I dont have time for this. My daughter and I are living in an empty home and have to repurchase everthing!!
Please dont use them!!

MusicMom

Re: Add Shiva Transport to the Black List

Postby MusicMom » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:51 am

Please file an official complaint at this site (look up and to the right), and you can elect to have that complaint forwarded to the DOT.

GBandy

Postby GBandy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:30 am

if you are looking to pursue legal action email me. we are in the same predicament with this moving company. they have held our stuff for over a month already without giving us a clue when it will be delivered. we're getting a lawyer as i speak.

badandy11@mail.utexas.edu

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:37 pm

GBandy -
I sent you an email.. I'm sorry that happened to you.. I am so pissed I cant even express it but I'm sure you know how I feel.

I look forward to hearing from you.

ShivaBadCompany

Postby ShivaBadCompany » Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:22 pm

The BBB is useless. I checked Shiva record on August and only saw 3 complaint at that time. I thought Shiva was decent company. But ended up paid them extra. They just simply said if you do not pay me extra, we will not deliver and charge you for the storage even though the contract list 30 days free storage. I asked them where the balance came from through email and telephone. They just refused to answer this question. I could not wait anymore and had to pay whatever they asked me to pay which is $1100 more than the original estimated.
The driver showed me the contract when he delivered my stuff. Shiva just charged the items which was listed for free in the orignal contract. Even I added everything(included the extra charges) together and found the total amout is still $100 below the listed total amount. I asked the driver use calculator to do the same thing and he got the same result. Guess what the driver said. "even though the amount is incorrect, I still have to charge you this amount". This company is filled a bunch of cheaters.

I checked the BBB record last month, the total complaint increased to 10, but all solved and it is still a satisfactory company. No one contact me about my compaint. How did BBB solve my complaint?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:00 pm

Did they change the contract after pickup, or write a whole new one? Either way, the second contract would be voided.

nazgul

Postby nazgul » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:14 pm

I have filed a complaint with BBB on Shiva. I will update you all as to how they handle my case.

Nazgul

Auri

Postby Auri » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:05 pm

The BBB is fairly uselss as a resource for investigation unless a company is long established. Then you can get a feel for how bad they are. On companys who have been in business for 10 years or more, then 10 complaints versus 30 is a good indicator on who is the better company.

The problem is that the BBB exists for the company, not for the consumer. I mean, if the company sends a simple letter to the BBB on an issue presented, then the BBB acknowledges that the company made an attempt....even if the letter says "customer dumb, we win! love, Company X." So they get a satisfactory record....even if the customer isn't satisfied.

Messed up, yeah?
Industry Professional in Chicago

consumer advocate

Postby consumer advocate » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:07 am

Nazgul,

Auri is right. The BBB is a flaccid, ineffectual organization. It is simply a business that charges dues to other businesses in exchange for a satisfactory rating. There are many other places to file a complaint. See this thread for a list of those places:

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9256

coco

Postby coco » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:04 pm

I moved from Florida to California. I used Authorized Movers/Shiva Transport. It's been 42 days and I still haven't received my stuff. Authorized Movers have repeatedly lied to me about when I'd get my stuff.

Return to “Report A Scam”