Movin' On Movers Apex, NC

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
PSA

Movin' On Movers Apex, NC

Postby PSA » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:34 am

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with this company on an out-of-state move?

They have good references for local moves and seem to check out fine with the BBB, etc. They are members of the NC Movers Association.

Movin` On Movers, Inc.
Owner: Danny T. Wilson
2425 Reliance Avenue
Apex, NC 27520
Year Established: 1983
NCUC #: C-1990
Phone: 919/362-8355
Fax: 919/362-7266
Email: danny@movinonmovers.com

Thank you

MusicMom

Re: Movin' On Movers Apex, NC

Postby MusicMom » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:51 am

Hi! My brother's there in Apex. Did you get affected by the chemical explosion?

From what I can see, Movin'On looks great. Licensed since 1995, one short revocation more than 6 years ago, not a bother. Not a SINGLE driver failed inspection in 21 stops! Good!

"Michael" would be the resident expert on NC movers, he's in Raleigh. Let me see if he can stop by and give his opinion.

Michael

Postby Michael » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:08 pm

They are a good company. The only difference between them and the other companies is if your a big move chances are your goods will go in two different trucks because they do not have big trucks.

Also depending on where your moving to, it could affect your service and possibly having any other work subcontracted out to another mover.

But aside from that they have a decent reputation here.

Best of luck,
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

Ashley

Postby Ashley » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:47 pm

I just stumbled upon this article and wated to respond. I am the assistant office manager at Movin' On Movers. We NEVER subcontract or use temporary labor! When doing interstate moves, all the movers who loaded the goods ride to the new location to unload. We guarantee a date and time of delivery as well.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:02 pm

I think what Michael was trying to say is that smaller companies (you seem medium-small to me) often will sub-contract for moves of a great distance. Usually, when the original mover has only one or two trucks, and they've promised a move from FL to CA, for example. Such companies are overstepping thier boundaries, and probably should not be considered for such a move.

I can't speak for Michael, but when I re-read what he wrote above, I don't see him saying that you WOULD sub-contract, only that small companies often do for long-distance moves.

I do see that his first sentence was:
They are a good company. The only difference between them and the other companies is if your a big move chances are your goods will go in two different trucks because they do not have big trucks.

It would be nice if you could sign up for membership, should other people int he Raleigh/Apex area want to contact you for info about a move.

me/Michael

Postby me/Michael » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:43 pm

Just talked to Ashley and she wasnt under the impression I said they would subcontract out the work they do but she did want to make a point that Movin on Movers does not do that, which I already knew they didnt. She we are all clear Musicmom.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:56 pm

OK, thanks Michael.

Return to “Open Community”